American pitbull terrier.opinions please Discussions

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by keithcampos, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Sarah27

Sarah27 New Member

Name:
    Edna
    You have two lovely dogs there. Your bigger one reminds me a lot of my staffy but yours has larger jowels (mine is very big for a staffy though) :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Sarah27

Sarah27 New Member

Name:
    Edna
    That's my view as well (it's my view of any big powerful dog, including my own :) ).
  4. Emma

Emma New Member

Name:
    Emma
    In Australia they have to be on the register of dangerous breed and be neutered. I met one, it was pure evil (sorry not saying that they all are). It ended up killing a friends dog. I met the owner though and seriously he should never have a dog, let alone a pit bull and it explained a lot. So I am not judging them all but I don't have a nice story to tell about the one I have met.
    I think by outlawing them just makes idiots want them and responsible owners not allowed to have them.
  5. keithcampos

keithcampos New Member

Name:
    andrw
    One thing must be said,dog on dog aggression is there nature,it dosent make the dog evil,it makes it what it is,what it was bred for.DA apbts are not considered culls,but man biters are definitely low grade stock and should be humanely euthanized.A apbt is like any other breed,it can sense your vibe and if your scared of it,it can tell and usually acts accordingly too someone acting in a weird unstable way,mostly by growly to voice its discontent with the individual,meaning,stay away from me.
  6. keithcampos

keithcampos New Member

Name:
    andrw
    yes,many staffs have his color[brindle]not his size however,hes 80 pounds lean.I believe his linage goes back to amstaff mostly due to build and size[the apbt is usually a smaller dog].And he seems to carry some molosser roots evident in his apperance.
  7. Sarah27

Sarah27 New Member

Name:
    Edna
    Tilly (SBT) was 41 pounds when she came to us (very overweight). She's lost quite a bit now though :grin:
  8. keithcampos

keithcampos New Member

Name:
    andrw
    wow 41 pounds is big especially if its on a 14inch frame.
    Unfortunatly it is a fad in the usa to breed cross bred dogs labled as pits as short and wide as possable,they call the breed american bully,some dogs are 15inches tall and 90 pounds.
  9. VK's Crystal

VK's Crystal New Member

Name:
    Christina
    I have had many dogs in my lifetime, the only breed that I can ever picture owning is an APBT. They are exactly what you make of them. :p We have 17 in the 2 blocks that I live (in a poorer part of town) and we all are rather social with each other. We are trying to get a show together at the fair grounds soon. There are 3 dogs in our neighborhood that have attacked people as of the last 6 months: A BLACK GERMAN SHEPHERD, A 9 yr old YELLOW LAB MIX, AND A BLACK LAB MIX. They have attacked people, been quarantined and the owners payed the fines and the dogs are back running the streets?! :!: I don't get it, and from a town who just lifted the BSL 2 years ago and are trying to raise it again. We have to keep our dogs on 4 ft leashes and muzzles so that they can be attacked trying to defend us from these "owned strays"....sad and pitiful! My dogs have to go to the county fairgrounds to go for an on leash walk without being aggressed upon.:neutral:
  10. keithcampos

keithcampos New Member

Name:
    andrw
    its the same around here with the dogs,and labs,people just let them lay out in there front yard off leash and i come walking my mature male by and of course the lab charges it and my dog proceeds to deal on the dog,every time,and the public wold blame the apbt,pathetic.As owners of this breed we have to be extra diligent,its a whole different story then owning 95% of the breeds out there,I'm sure owning a presa or a cane corso isn't the easiest as well.One day i hope to own one of those breeds also.
  11. VK's Crystal

VK's Crystal New Member

Name:
    Christina
    My friend in VA (where I moved from in 2008 ) has presas. Conan is the best :) she is Vigilant Kennels, taught me how to get into the conformation ring about 3 years ago. Her dogs are CH everything and sooo gentle. Hubby wont let me get one yet. Its a stretch for me to have pits or a rottie. Our beagle is his LOL and hes 6foot 6 230# and I am 5foot 4 and 165# lol, too funny.
  12. keithcampos

keithcampos New Member

Name:
    andrw
    here are some examples of type in the apbt breed for those new to it,or have never seen on.
    This is a pure bred game apbt,ch barracuda out of ch mayday,this is a big boy for game dogs,these are the purest strain around with no outside blood added ever
    as well a photo of the very famous plumbers alligator,again a pure blooded apbt but is out of standard,known for his fighting ability and great size,two things seldom found together..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is my pup banjos sire red diablo,a example of the weight pull type,bred specifically for pulling weight,dogs of note of this type are wanna be a whopper,Chevy red dog,these dogs are out crosses to dogue de Bordeaux and American bulldog in the 90's for added size and strength all though per body% of weight pulled incomparision to dogs weight smaller dogs usually win.
    [​IMG]
    i believe this dogs name is matrix,dagger line.
    [​IMG]
    and here is both wanna be a whopper and Chevy red dog,whopper was a f1 cross of pit bull French mastiff American bulldog and presumably bull mastiff via parkers bounce.
    [​IMG]
    Chevy red dog,world record holding weight pull dog,son of whopper.
    [​IMG]
    a good example of the type non as the American bully a breed unto itself but also registered as apbt,mostly shunned by the apbt community for breeders lack of ethics and breeding for size girth color and everything else that is not performance,these dogs tend to be crossed with English bulldog,old English bulldog,French bulldog,Neapolitan mastiff and many other types that will add the extra head,chest size or exotic color,this type of dog can sell for up wards of 5,000$ some going for 10,000$,the designer dog of the American professional athlete.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    heres a more traditional bully dog representing the gotti line,a very infamous line notorious for there dog Juan gotti and paper hanging.
    [​IMG]
    the amstaff,the show version of the apbt registered by the akc,many resemble American bully's as they were a main ingredient in there creation.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Turpin's blu trouble a example of the cross bred apbt/American Staffordshire terrier,non by some as pitterstaffs,this dog was a controversial pit dog with a record of 3xw,but was never given the title ch because it was presumed that he was match vrs inferior stock.
    this dog is from the TNT line know as show and go dogs,in other words dogs that do well in the show ring but retain there working ability.
    [​IMG]
    o.k thats all for now,a lot to take in.
  13. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    i love the dog behind the mesh fence, hes gorgeous!
  14. JanieM

JanieM New Member

Name:
    Jane
    Don't wish to offend, but these dogs just don't do it for me. If anything they scare the heck out of me. Maybe it's the bulging muscles or the cropped ears, but if I saw one coming down the street I'd cross the road.
    Sorry.
  15. Sarah27

Sarah27 New Member

Name:
    Edna
    She's not a pedigree so her frame is bigger than a normal staffy. She's probably got something else in her as well.

I never knew some APBTs were used for weight pulling. That dog pulling the huge stack of breeze blocks is amazing! The muscles on some of those dogs are so huge - Tilly has massive muscles in her back legs, but nothing like that!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2009
  16. rune

rune

Why would anyone want to cross with mastiffs? Unless it is to get a 'macho' type of dog.

Most pet people don't want a dog to be a game fighting dog!

rune
  17. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Why would you be proud to boast about fighting ability :shock: :shock:

From that, one wonders if you are involved in this practice:shock:
  18. VK's Crystal

VK's Crystal New Member

Name:
    Christina
    that was simply a great history lesson, and if you look up plumbers alligator (the real, huge, fighting dog) you would know that is a dog BORN around 1970-1971....before fighting was totally banned
    [link removed]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
  19. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    And thats something to be proud off :shock:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
  20. Sarah27

Sarah27 New Member

Name:
    Edna
    I think Keith is just interested in the history of the APBT. I asked him earlier in this thread about his opinion of dog fighting and he answered. Can't remember the post number, but it's about half way through the thread.

ETA, Sorry it must have been a different thread. I'll try to find which one.
  21. keithcampos

keithcampos New Member

Name:
    andrw
    where did i boast about dog fighting,mentioning facts is far from boasting,sorry,here is my reply to sarah27 previous question.
    My view on dog fighting is this,It is imperative as the owner of such breeds with this history to study and find out what makes your dog tick and why it is what it is,theres allot of skewed info out there about dog fighting,from dogmen and the press so you have to do you research to find out the truth.
    In short I'm not a dog fighter,never have been,never will but it is what made my breed of choice,its the soul reason it was created,therefore i find it interesting and important to have some concept of what it really is if you are to own a fighting breed,weather it is fought or not.Owning a breed with out knowing its history and the do's and donts of the breed and why it is like it is is a very dangerous scenario.Its very easy to say,dog fighting is sick and the ******** that all those that do it or did it in the past should all burn in hell,but it takes no thought process to make such sweeping generalizations.jmo.