American pitbull terrier.opinions please Discussions

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by keithcampos, Aug 14, 2009.

1. shortbedder

shortbedder New Member

Name:
    tommy
    The APBT is a pure bred dog recognized by the UKC AND ADBA pit bull or pit type are generic names for mutts that are included with SBT,APBT, and AST by the media to sell
    the public on BSL, DDA, and now they are adding breeds like
    Boxers, and Rotts or anything Bully. These laws are not fueled by dog fighters (I do not condone dog fighting) they
    are the HEADLINES that are used for funding, the fuel is irresponsible acts by people that lead to Dog on human
    attacts and fear mongering. When a dog on human attact
    takes place there is a picture of a pitbull on the wall behind the reporter regardless of the breed involved. That is systematically driving the public in a desired direction that leads to BSL and any breed can be entered. So much for my ranting foregive me please.
    The SBT and the APBT I'm leaving out the AST because it falls under one of the APBT categories, both pure bred dogs are bred along two different desired paths Show dogs
    and working dogs these two paths are covered in all of the above mentioned registering bodies as well as the KC. I am
    NOT after 35 years ignorant to the breeds history and after
    attending shows,weightpulls, and athletic events. Actually seeing the alternatives to fighting develope. I still with out any reservation prefer the working lines of these dogs and feel the working Breeders produce better health, soundness,
    and intelligence than the show fanciers.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!