American Takedown A&E Controversial

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by lovemybull, Jul 3, 2015.

1. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    Azz likes this.

American Takedown A&E

This is a popular show and one of the few I watch regularly. It's different situations where they follow law enforcement into big raids. Tonight was breaking up a dog fighting operation. My daughter covered my eyes through some of the beginning.

They were showing footage of fights and dogs too exhausted to move being provoked by the handlers to finish to the kill...so sick. She knows I cry easy sometimes. But at the end I was glad I watched it. They saved fifty something dogs.

Every other pup looked like Callie. Starved and scarred but even that was amazing. All these armed, uniformed officers storming the place. But as soon as chains and collars were removed the humans were getting licked big time.

A bunch of dogs tortured and starved by humans. But the minute they find a real human being they want to wag...even when they can barely stand...and lick that person to pieces. "Fighting Dogs" and most were being carried out on people's shoulders.

Goes to show you how wrong BSL is...
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    How upsetting. I don't think I could have left the TV on. It is brilliant that there are folk brave enough to deal with these gangs though. I hope the poor battered dogs can recover, and are not too damaged to find real homes in the future.
  4. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    We can't figure out how to watch it. Maybe later I don't know. Frustrating. ...... ...but that's pretty typical Pit Bull behavior which is what people don't realize. Especially since they are a fighting breed people assume that equals being simply vicious but it's made them very stable & people oriented. So I agree BSL is very wrong. It's really a joke because it doesn't solve the problem. Most Pit Bulls are not a threat to humans in the first place. It will also be mostly the irresponsible people keeping them with BSL after the ban. If they are a thug that has a dog to fight or human aggressive Pit as a guard dog they don't care about the law nor the dog if it is taken & PTS. They ate not solving problems with BSL.

I remember watching an episode of one of those SWAT shows where they follow them on raids and what not. They were doing a drug bust and the dealers had Pit Bulls as guard dogs all they did was wag their tails & lick the swat officers.