Any guess on how big this guy will become? Questions

Discussion in 'Akita' started by AkitaAdventures, Oct 25, 2020.

1. AkitaAdventures

AkitaAdventures New Member

Name:
    Michael

Any guess on how big this guy will become?

Kinjo just turned 7 months old.

I weighed him the day he turnd 6 months and he was 80 lbs. I weighed him the day he turned 7 months and he was 89.4 lbs.

The online weight predictor for Akitas says he is projected to hit about 113. I'm curious as to how accurate that is, because:

1. It under predicted my female Akita, saying she was going to be 72 lbs and she is now 80 lbs at 16 months.

2. I haven't seen an Akita male that has been bigger than Kinjo at the same age on our breeders Akita page. I'm sure some have been, but so far of the ones I've seen they've all been smaller.

3. Akita males average between 95-130. The predicted weight would put him about average for a male Akita yet from what I've seen so far he seems to be above average.

20201023_133352.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Animal Welfare

Animal Welfare New Member

Name:
    Animal Welfare
    ADORABLE!!!!!!!
  4. Animal Welfare

Name:
    Animal Welfare
    I think he will be huge bless him
  5. Animal Welfare

Name:
    Animal Welfare

Had a quick read here and there and asked our Vet (excellent British Professor who worked at The Queen's Palace) about both your boy and mine :) Some Akitas tend to grow faster and then slow down after a year old and the opposite too.
    Also, Your baby is actually healthy and fine. It is just like us humans, we cannot be standardized in both size and weight no matter what! Like that illusion of the metric ideal weight etc. As long as Kinjo is healthy, eats well, plays and exercises properly and is happy then dont think about his growth limitations. My boy Hatchiko is considered a giant for the Male Akita and he is still growing and all verts indicated that by the age of 3 when they are supposed to cease growing, he might reach (lean muscle weight) about 70 kilo (154 pounds)
    He is now 1 year and 2 months old and weight 50 kgs (110 pounds) Height at the end of his neck, beginning of shoulders is 75 cm and he is 165 cm tall when he stands on his back feet, and will still grow! Enjoy your gentle giant and make sure he is healthy and happy, that's all what matters!!!!

Attached Files:

• H3.jpg
      H3.jpg
      File size:
      37.1 KB
      Views:
    • H$.jpg
      H$.jpg
      File size:
      60.3 KB
      Views:
    • H7.jpg
      H7.jpg
      File size:
      31.6 KB
      Views:
    • H8.jpg
      H8.jpg
      File size:
      31.1 KB
      Views:
  6. AkitaAdventures

AkitaAdventures New Member

Name:
    Michael
    Cute pup!

I have a YouTube Channel for my two. The white one is my brother's.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCvB3UwSi75eS_-8bzVDEynA

20201025_161050.jpg
  7. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Our dogs have similar markings
  8. Animal Welfare

Name:
    Animal Welfare
    OUTRAGEOUS!!!!