Any Ideas on Breed? ID this breed/mix

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Sara, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara

Any Ideas on Breed?

Here are some pics of my rescue dog, Scout. I think that she is Cavalier X'ed with a terrier, possibly wirehaired or Fox? She is 15 1\4 inches tall, and is covered with tiny freckles, Likes to sleep under furniture, bury bones, has an underbite and spaniel-like teeth, extremely people oriented and very, VERY cuddly . She is a deaf dog, and was more than likly born that way. any other ideas would be appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2007
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Travis

Travis New Member

Name:
    mel
    I would think there is Cavalier in her,have to say she is gorgeous,what a beautiful face:)
  4. shaza

shaza New Member

Name:
    Sharon
    Dont know what she is - other than gorgeous! :smt049 :smt058
  5. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Whatever she is a cross of she is beautiful!
    Becky
  6. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    Cavalier , but not sure what ese , but one thing i am sure of she is stunning , xdk
  7. tink

tink New Member

Name:
    Natasha
    Shes vey pretty,My first thought was maybe theres some Chinese crested in there somewhere ??
  8. Inca

Inca New Member

Name:
    Mrs G
    my thoughts as well about the crested perhaps i need new glasses i can't see any cavalier in her and also cavaliers don;t have an undershot bite ( thats king charles) cavs should have a scissior bite

some terrier for sure and crested i think

she is lovely
  9. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    I'm sorry, I should'a put that it's Cavalier King Charles Spaniel that I think she is. I didn't realize that a Cavalier is a seperate breed. She has a fairly square build, Strong but fairly fine, her fur is thick, somewhat coarse and slightly wavy, although I kept her shaved all summer and her coat is just now growing out, (she's a wimp in the cold) Her tail is held over her back. when I got her her coat was kinda thin and ragged, It looked kinda wiry, and harsh. but good food, a settled environment and regular grooming has really made a difference in her coat. I doubt the crested as they are very rare in these parts (in fact I've never seen one) too cold i think. She is also quite a bit larger than a crested would be.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2007
  10. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    I think there could be a bit of lemon and white working cocker in there. Shes lovely whatever she is :D
  11. shiba

shiba New Member

Name:
    kirstie

My thoughts as well....she is lovely, very pretty.:lol:
  12. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    They told me when I got her that she was Bichon and Cocker. When I picked her up, I new that there was no bloody way in ..... well you get the picture. Although, the cocker is possible, if the cross is with a dainty, long legged terrier. another thought I had was Brittany x'ed with a smaller Terrier. Definately not Bichon. I hava a BichonXLhasa
  13. Losos

Losos New Member

Name:
    Harvey
    Well she is certainly beautiful, :) and I'm sure she'll be a wonderful companion. I'm pretty useless on breeds so my opinion on her parentage ain't worth a dime.

I don't even know what an 'underbite' is, could you enlighten me.:blush:
  14. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    Her bottom jaw is longer than her top. so her bottom teeth stick out further than her top. like a pug or a boxer. although Scout's isnt nearly that pronounced
  15. Losos

Losos New Member

Name:
    Harvey
    Thanks, Pugs & boxers are rare in these parts but I'll look out for them in future.
  16. zoby

zoby New Member

Name:
    ma
    She is so adorable.

I have a bichon and a cavalier king charles and i must say in the 2nd photo she looks like a perfect mix of my two!

you are so lucky, she looks like a bundle of love.
  17. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    Scout is probably the sweetest cuddliest dog I have ever met. It seems that all she ever wants to do is sleep on your lap. Although birds are the devil and should be disposed of immediately. lol
  18. Inca

Inca New Member

Name:
    Mrs G
    a cavalier is a cavalier king charles spaniel

a king charles spaniel has an undershot bite NOT a cavalier

i think we mistook her for a crested as you have her shaved i still can't see any cavalier in her and i have seen many cavalier X in the past

i still say terrier of some type
    but then it dosen't matter she is yours to love
  19. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    I got to thinking, and any Cavalier I have ever seen, That would total 3 so not a great sample of the population, have had an underbite. not a large or even very noticable one, but there. So I looked up the breed standard for them and It says "Mouth: Teeth strong and even, meeting in a scissors bite. Level and undershot mouths are to be discouraged. However, a slightly undershot bite in an otherwise well-balanced head with the correct sweet expression should not be penalized in favour of a scissors or level bite with a plain head or hard expression. " So I guess the standards are different here. Scout definately has terrier in her and also we are positive there is some type of Spaniel. I really dont care all that much though, I love her to bits whatever she is. I think I may look into getting a Cavalier though. All the reserch I have done on them makes me think they are a great dog. and I have a thing for Spaniels. I grew up with a Springer / Cocker cross. She was fantastic.
  20. Inca

Inca New Member

Name:
    Mrs G
    an uncdershot bite should def be discouraged esp if you wish to show i would rather have a harder expression than an off mouth I think ,any breeders and showers can live with a fault or 2 we have to i guess ...
    cavaliers are a wonderful breed of dog i hope you do decide to take the plunge you wonl't regret it :)
  21. ronsy

ronsy New Member

Name:
    ron
    what a beut puppy . never mind what she is , looks like she needs alot of loving , lol bet shes getting lots of that as well