Any Rytex or Badgercourt Springers out there ? Discussions

Discussion in 'English Springer Spaniel' started by Phil, Feb 27, 2007.

1. janruss

janruss New Member

Name:
    Janet
    that sounds about right, I must have one of each then.. thanks for that.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. stevenw80

stevenw80 New Member

Name:
    Steven
    Hi there,
    Why are the Rytex lines nervier then?? expalins a lot with my Holly though!!
    thanks
    Steven
  4. valandra

valandra New Member

Name:
    Purdy
    Hey,

On my pedigree cert i have :-

FT CH
    Rytex Rod
    Rytex Ruby
    Rytex Racine
    Kenine Robb of Rytex

But havnt really gone back to see if i have Badgercourt
  5. stevenw80

stevenw80 New Member

Name:
    Steven
    Hi,
    You will definitely have Badgercourt in there because Kenine Robb of Rytex was of Badgercourt Gryphon (Sire) who is quite a popular chap it seems as he pops up everywhere!!! :) Mind you Rtyex Rod was (or is) no shrinking violet!! he is all over my pedigree certificate!!!

Steven
  6. valandra

valandra New Member

Name:
    Purdy
    Ah right, so ill have both lines in my springer. Thats cool. :001: :001:
  7. Pidge

Pidge New Member

Name:
    Em
    Rytex Rod appears to be a right Stud (literally ;o)

I doubt any of these lines mean anything to me though do they? I have never been able to get my head around it all. I just wanted to make sure there was no in breeding in his history and as far as I can see there isn't.

Would love someone to explain it all to me one day. ;o)
  8. Lizzy23

Lizzy23 New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Just the way they've been bred i believe, and what i've heard from working with springers,i have one that is almost certainly from rytex lines, she is a rescue, but how much of her nerves is down to breeding and how much is down to her old home is debatable.

Neam very nervous of everything and she's been here the best part of 6 months now

[​IMG]
  9. janruss

janruss New Member

Name:
    Janet
    bet he's having whale of a time...lots of getting dirty and wet..lol
  10. ChrissyB

ChrissyB New Member

Name:
    Chrissy
    Hi There I have just joined on the strength of this thread. I cant believe how long it has kept going....Brill!
    Well, I lost my beautiful Springer Sacha, a couple of years ago at 15. We bred her ourselves, and she was one of a litter of 10! All survived and were sold to hopefully, loving and appropriate homes...

I can't find her pedigree but her parents were Starblitz Dill and Willie of Vernditch...I would love to know if anybody carried on the line or to hear from anybody who had her brothers and sisters. We were in Suckley, Worcs then.
    Both Sacha and her mum Dilly (Starblitz Dill) were amazing characters and so sadly missed, even now. We lost Dill when she was 6 to cancer. Her Sire was Dash of Drakeshead and her Dam was Rosies Girl.
    Grandparents
    Raffle of Rytex and Garendon Sally of Drakeshead
    Badgercourt Druid and Stablitz Dill

G. Grandparents
    Farway Mac
    Jay of Newgrange

Parkmaple Loganberry
    Gemini of Gowna

Don of Bronton
    Badgercourt Susan

Hamers Hale
    Mini of Kenstaff

GG Grandparents

Rytex Rex
    Farway Shann

Petterholme Zak
    Sandy of Newgrange

Parkmaple Bramble
    Denfield Measles

Scian of Staxigoe
    Grose of Gowna

Burnhatch Soda
    Farway Tina

Robson of Gwibernant
    Crowhill Spinner

Don of Bronton
    Jay Mag

Pinelad of Kenstaff
    Ashton Gem

Can you believe she came to me with her pedigree at 12months old free of charge!! A reject - She did not come up to scratch for the original owner for Field Trials work as she wouldn't go into cover. Well!! me and hubby spent some embarrassing moments clambering around on all fours in amongst some rhododendrons, with an even more embarrassed springer peering in at us...I'm sure she disowned us completely to all passers by! Eventually, after about an hour, she was persuaded to join us, and from that day forth she would return to us with bloody eyes and ears from endless forays into cover.

When she was diagnosed with cancer we took her on a special holiday where she spent endless hours daily in gorse, brambles etc., etc, a holiday to remember for all of us
    :)

Sacha followed firmly in her footsteps...

I am now ready for a new friend...and just so want to stick to the same line...so anybody out there who has news of this line being carried on...please please let me know.
    :)
  11. nikkic

nikkic New Member

Name:
    Nikki
    This made me check and this is what I found...

Great Grandparent FTCH Badgercourt Moss
  12. stevehg

stevehg New Member

Name:
    Stephen
    This is my Wallace's Gt:Gt:Gt:Grandparents

Burnhatch Soda F.T.C.H
    Faraway Tina F.T.W
    ------------------------
    Robson of Gwibernant F.T.C.H
    Crownhill Spinner F.T.C.H
    -------------------------
  13. Misty-Pup

Misty-Pup New Member

Name:
    Sarah x
    I know this is an old thread, but have recently got interested in my springers pedigree.

Gracie's sire is Carburgh Art & Dam is Edwardiana Tweed.

From Carburgh Art's side, Gracies Grandparent is Kenine Robb of Rytex, so I've got Badgercourt Gryphon & Dusty in there! & also Raffle of Rytex.

From Edwardianna Tweed's side, Gracies Grandparents are Laganmill Malvern (I've heard him mentioned) & Toonarmy Torrent. Looking at it Toonarmy Torrent's Grandparents, the sire of Toonarmy Torrent's Dam is also Badgercourt Gryphon!

It has been interesting to see these dogs pop up and its nice to know Grace has got a big extended family out there!!!

Sarah x
  14. Tigger2

Tigger2 New Member

Name:
    Karen
    I think that makes your Gracie Tiggers cousin then. ;-) Edwardiana Tweed is his aunty, his sire Edwardiana Tango.

When I was researching I couldnt find much out about Tiggers sire (Edwardiana Tango) and kept finding Edwardiana Tweed as she has competed somewhere or other..I forget now, lol.
    I checked back through your posts to find a pic of Gracie but only found the ones of your gorgeous Sprocker Misty, do you have a pic of Gracie so I can see her.
  15. Misty-Pup

Misty-Pup New Member

Name:
    Sarah x
    I don't have a Gracie pic atm, will go and hunt down the camera in min and take one! Need to do some photoshoots with all my dogs, only really have pictures of Misty!

Sarah x
  16. Misty-Pup

Misty-Pup New Member

Name:
    Sarah x
    It's taken me ages, but here is a pic of Gracie for you...

[​IMG]

It's not the best, but the camera batteries died!!

Sarah xx
  17. Tigger2

Tigger2 New Member

Name:
    Karen
    Thanks Sarah :grin:

She looks lovely. Her build and spotty legs look like Tigger and she seems to share the white flash around the forehead area too.
  18. Misty-Pup

Misty-Pup New Member

Name:
    Sarah x
    She's really really lean! And an absolute pain to keep weight on!! I think that is a spaniel thing though maybe!

It's a pain that she's so white! Could do with a few spots on her, she shows up the dirt too much!

Sarah xx
  19. Tigger2

Tigger2 New Member

Name:
    Karen
    Yeah I've struggled to keep weight on Tigger too, maybe it's a field trial background in their genetics that pre-determines them to be lean - suppose it would make sense.
    I've gone through quite a few different foods in a bid to make him not so lean and at the moment he is putting it on eating Naturediet but it's not exactly cheap! He seems to have a sensitive stomach too though and when he gets ill he ends up really skinny really quick so Im not taking any chances, lol.
    Tigs gets filthy too, my tip is to walk somewhere where they can swim after the mud, haha.
    Karen xx
  20. carleyaves

carleyaves New Member

Name:
    carley
    well i am new on here and this thread seems perfect. i have a 2 year old springer and i have been trying to find any siblings or photos of parents grandparents etc.

my Bodhi d.o.b 8/6/07
    sire spam valley colt
    dam zelstra waxwing

gp's
    s edwardiana rob
    d roecliffe woodlark

s kilmerran drummer
    d windholme blinding mission

4th, 5th generation contain
    drury
    badgercourt
    rytex
    birtenshaw

would love to find out more
  21. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Post 15 on this thread has a link which might be a good start.