Any Rytex or Badgercourt Springers out there ? Discussions

Discussion in 'English Springer Spaniel' started by Phil, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Sir Archibald

Sir Archibald New Member

Name:
    Lol
    Lovely to have found this thread !

My boy is 18 months old '7 we've had him from the age of 12 weeks as a rescue pup. He has Badgercourt Druid & Rytex Rod in his line but quite far back.

From what I have seen, Archie has the Liver head & white body with liver freckles on - as did BD. I have a photo of BD with all his trophies as he was the sire of my Uncles dogs. A very proud dog indeedy.

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. poppydog1

poppydog1 New Member

Name:
    ruth
    Just looking at our poppys family tree we have Rytex Rite of saxaphone (grand parent) Rytex racine, rytex rod,rytex ruby,kennie robb of rytex and badgercourt gryphon. Poppy is a small springer very slender brown head and ears with white blaze on face has quitwe alot of liver colour on her body to, she is quite timid until she knows you,is as soft as muck with the kids and as mad as a hatter, she is a pet and has never been worked she is 23 mths old.
  4. janeyr

janeyr New Member

Name:
    jane
    Hi, Lilly is also from Rytex and badgercourt lines in gradparents. Badgercourt Druid & Rytex Rod.
    More Rytex.
  5. adamtandy

adamtandy New Member

Name:
    Adam
    Hello!

My springer's pedigree is mainly Badgercourt; 6 of his 8 great-grandparents are descended from Badgercourt Druid (all different bitches, lucky old Druid!), the seventh was Rytex Rod, and the eighth was Susanna of Starrybrooks. Four FTCh in that lot, too.

He's definitely got the right bit of the Rytex line, as he's almost entirely white, and not at all highly-strung, although very fit and muscular. I heard that the Badgercourt line was known for a good temperament, intelligence and pretty head markings; I can believe it of Max.

As he's getting on now, I'd love to put him to stud and continue his genes but he's unproven and therefore probably hard to find takers. I think he's be up for it though.
  6. Misty-Pup

Misty-Pup New Member

Name:
    Sarah x
    Any pictures of your boy andamtandy!?
  7. rickyspringer

rickyspringer

Name:
    Richy
    here is some more images of my two, hope you like,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. Misty-Pup

Misty-Pup New Member

Name:
    Sarah x
    They are gorgeous! :)

I love B&W springers! It's one of the reasons, I chose my Misty (Although, she's a springer x cocker!)

Do you work them!?
  9. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    rickyspringer - Gorgeous fur kids, Love the second one! :049:
  10. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Thanks for all the recent additions folks.

Lots of familiar names.
  11. rickyspringer

rickyspringer

Name:
    Richy
    yes misty pup, they are both workers, the second one is hunt crazy but she has too much go in her, and is pretty much self employed and just ranges that bit far,she's great out with the bobbery pack.
    The first one is only a youngster but this dog is something special, i knew that at only 12weeks old, he is calm around the house/most situations. As soon as the whistle is out he becomes a machine, totally focused with lots of biddability, he retrieves for fun, takes direction and is just a dream to work with, he will be on the bunnies soon enough and then on a shoot back end of the season.

Thanks for the kind words, Devil Dogs she's a cracker isn't she, gets stopped wherever we go, the youngster is maturing into a fine looking dog aswell:grin:

Thanks RS
  12. sarahldoo

sarahldoo New Member

Name:
    sarah
    hi, Poppy has both Badgercourt, and Rytex in her bloodline.

on her sires side
    GG,GP Rytex Rod and Badgercourt Moss
    G,GP Rytex Rue
  13. adamtandy

adamtandy New Member

Name:
    Adam
    Lots and lots of pictures! Here are a couple to start with...

Intelligent:
    [​IMG]

Soppy:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2010
  14. Mic

Mic New Member

Name:
    Michaela
    Hi, we have a springer - Dillon - who is now just over 5.
    His sire - Shadowtree Robin
    gp Clarburgh Art
    Rytex Rod (popular boy!)
    ggp inc Kennie Rob of Rytex
    Rytex Ria
    dam - Meriroyles Elegant miss
    gm Meriroyles elegant miss
    Shadowtree Swift
    ggm inc Shadowtree tessa
    Rytex rotter

He is a lovely dog who doesn't stop when hes out but makes like a rug when hes at home. We are hoping to breed from him soon but were wondering if any of you have any advice as to whether or not to keep within the pedigree lines or not bother as they would probably not be working dogs. Any advice gratefully received!
  15. Lizzy23

Lizzy23 New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Firstly i would ask why, you want to breed from him, is he a proven working dog?? are you going to do all the relevant health tests for the breed PRA, Hips etc, is the bitch going to have all the relevant health tests as well, do you have homes lined up for them between you both?? to be honest there are far too many springers out there at the moment, the rescue situation within the breed is dire, with far more dogs than homes at the moment, don't mean to be negative, but all points to consider
  16. GILL LEWIS

GILL LEWIS New Member

Name:
    gill
    hi reading thread as my dog and bitch both have alot of badgercourt and rytex in them including badgercourt susan ,badgercourt durid and dusty as well as rafflre of rytex and kennie robb of rytex . He also has robinsmoor sam of flintwood as his sire and skipper of arford . Ihave been told these also are good lines . We have used him for stud but only when we have people waiting and all for working homes including the police and prisions .This litter I kept a bitch pup which I have just started gun dog training with and am really enjoying it . My previous spaniels did working trails so this is really different .
  17. Chunky

Chunky New Member

Name:
    lesley
    Both Skipper and Sam were good dogs,The chap who has the Robinsmoor affix is a very good friend and he has had some exceptionally good dogs over the years. Some say Skipper was the best dog Druid ever produced....
    Both of Raffle of Rytex's parents were also owned by friends of ours, who again produced good dogs (although sadly one of them is no longer with us)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
  18. GILL LEWIS

GILL LEWIS New Member

Name:
    gill
    Annieblues likes this.
    thanks for that its really nice to know alittle back ground on your dogs . Lets hope I won t let the side down and can train a good dog with the bitch I kept .
  19. lwatson

lwatson New Member

Name:
    Lynn
    Hi there, i know this might be an old thread now but I thought I would let people know that I have got these names in my dogs pedigree.

Apparantly Rytex Rod was an extremely good dog of his time. Our old springer (RIP Holly) had him as her grandfather and also had Bagercourt Druid in her pedigree too. I have been told that any Springer from Shropshire UK is not worth anything unless they have Rytex in their pedigree.

We now have 2 18 month brother and sister ESS and their GGGP or GGGGP was Rytex Rod too, so 13 yrs between them our first spanny and our current ones are related.
  20. Misty-Pup

Misty-Pup New Member

Name:
    Sarah x

An old thread, that I am sure others are happy to see carried on! :)

Threads like these are always uncovering distant relatives of everyones dogs! :)
  21. McShug

McShug New Member

Name:
    H
    LUCY:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Kenine Robb of Rytex is on her dam & sire's side GG grandparent and some Badgercourt on her GGG

McShug