Anyone tried CBD Oil General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by dianeburms, Feb 8, 2023.

1. dianeburms

dianeburms New Member

Name:
    diane

Anyone tried CBD Oil

Just wondering if it is all it's advertised to be. Pain reliever, etc etc. The Wife would like to try some, she has aches and pains from bulging discs, and I have the normal aches and pains of a 66-year-old using cbd vape juice. We have no idea which company to deal with as there are plenty of places selling the stuff. I'm sure there are multiple strengths and different forms (liquid, pills), etc
    Does anyone use it and can recommend a supplier?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    I've never used it for myself or my pets. I know some folks who have and they tend to recommend it for everything. That sounds to much like a snake oil to me.

Per the Mayo Clinic:
    CBD use also carries some risks. Though it's often well-tolerated, CBD can cause side effects, such as dry mouth, diarrhea, reduced appetite, drowsiness and fatigue. CBD can also interact with other medications you're taking, such as blood thinners.

Another cause for concern is the unreliability of the purity and dosage of CBD in products. A recent study of 84 CBD products bought online showed that more than a quarter of the products contained less CBD than labeled. In addition, THC was found in 18 products.

If you plan to use products containing CBD, talk to your doctor.

I would definitely ask your doctor for advice before trying it - especially if you are on other medications.

Other than that, I would look for companies with full transparency in regards to source, ingredients (including non active ingredients), etc.

I also recommend you talk to real life people rather than internet strangers. You can better verify they know what they are talking about, etc.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    Yes, on the recommendation of a family member I have tried CBD oil for reducing the pain from my osteoarthritis. I bought from well regulated sources, (a well-established company called Healthspan, and my local Tesco pharmacy). I chose a medium strength oil, 520mg, as based on the Goldilocks principle it seemed the best strength to trial. I think the fact that both of these bottles still have half their contents remaining speaks for how effective they were at reducing my pain level - but if the demand is out there, CBD oil must suit others.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Reported. Please arrange any advertising with Admin.