Arghhh, Ready to Shoot Dawg Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by lovemybull, Nov 25, 2015.

1. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    Azz and 6JRT's like this.

Arghhh, Ready to Shoot Dawg

You know I'm joking...spoiled beasts that they are. It has to be Sophie, we aren't sure of her age. Maybe around ten by now, definitely a graying face. She has always been one of those dogs that you wonder why you took on, even though you promised for better or worse.

It took a year for her to walk on leash comfortably. Comfortable for her, she went from full paranoia to so happy she would regularly pull me down. Then a few years where all was well. She had perfect recall and enjoyed her little dog friends.

Then one day maybe five years later she became aggressive towards other dogs, stray cats, any living critter she could get ahold of save for Callie and our house cats. The new thing is peeing...oh did I talk about the panic attacks where I had to lug frozen dog for blocks?

Okay our furniture is decent. Gently used but attractive. The first sign was a river of dried dog pee under the couch. Today my daughter pointed out a cushion was visibly wet. Dog pee...apparently she has been peeing through the cushion.

I must let them out twenty times a day. If it was Callie he would be spraying not squatting. I've seen doggie diapers. Is it time?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Wasn't sure peeing on beds before?

Do you think this is incontinence now or something else?
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Oh dear Leslie, this sounds like another vet job. As if you didn't have a busy enough life already! I feel your pain, as Merry had a lapse on the living room carpet yesterday - but hers are only small Beagle sized ones .... Break out the plastic sheeting?
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Just check with vets to see if she's not got a infection if not just put it down to old age x
  6. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    Can't make a vet appointment until after the weekend. Next question. the couch is typical big foam pads covered with a zippered case. Much too big and bulky for the washer. And she peed straight through it. I used a mix of Natures Miracle, baking soda and fabric refresher to spray the pad and hopefully it will dry inside out. Any other suggestions for cleaning? Dog pee smells almost as obnoxious as cat.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    I do not know about washing a foam pad but can you dry it somewhere? Then use THIS which will de-pong it.

I used it when Pereg messed when she had a seizure, and believe me when she emptied her anal glands which STANK, this worked.

I also use it to spray the carpets and couch - and bed - after four years of Pereg peeing, pooing and do not ask what or where, I had only just ordered a two-little-bottle refill. It does not smell but de-pongs and I will never be without it now. And because it has no perfume, you do not know you have used it.

Oh, and as you are in the US you probably will not have to pay for mail, in anycase use code COH 622 and you will get $5 off your order,
  8. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    Thank you Malka, definitely worth a try!