Attention Dishonest Breeder!!! General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Awak05, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Xel'lotath

Xel'lotath New Member

Name:
    Xel
    Because it's been proven. The photo of "Ronnie Marsh" is actually a man named Robert Wolfe. That site has also stolen photos from Tamaskan breeders face.book pages to create fake news article screenshots. If you want the real truth ask the people at The "No Wolf" Tamaskan History on 'another site'. That's where all the true information on there comes from.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2012
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    I have heard all the 'Tam' stories, and most of them are just that. The guy may or may not be using a pseudonym, but he has certainly hit the spot in many of the things he says. Would be interested to know which bits you feel are untrue.
    I was amazed to hear about a breeder selling puppies from a shopping trolley I have to say, so that could well be made up, but the basics of what he says is correct.
    I remember the 'founder' changing the breed of her dogs overnight to Tamaskan!!!
  4. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    I don't need to know any more about these breeders-anyone who breeds these & all other designer dogs do it for one reason & one reason only-Money !!
  5. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    That's like saying anyone who breeds does it for money, you are quite wrong, there are lots of very dedicated breeders out there who don't do it for money.
  6. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay

How many designer dog breeders do a full gambit of health testing, are open about health issues in their dogs & are willing to take back any dog they breed or their stud dog produces at any time during it's life ?
  7. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    Can't speak for anyone else, well I can for a few of us in Utonagan I suppose, but all breeding stock is health checked (hips, elbows, eyes and VWD) and personally yes I do (and I have) taken back my puppies at whatever age and at whatever cost to myself both financially and personally. I also know the coe of my matings and encourage my puppy owners to health test so's I know what I am breeding healthwise. I never take a deposit until the puppy is chosen and seen, and then only if they are not taking the puppy till later, in a couple of recent cases two were with me until 3 months, and I didn't charge them any extra either. All my puppies are vet checked by 48 hours old, then again at 8 weeks, they are litter eye screened, vax and microchipped. The mother has a Canine Herpes vax and is wormed as are the puppies.
    Can't say that for lots of 'recognised' breeders and sometimes not even for KC Assured breeders, I have heard some tales that would make your hair curl.
    Every breed has to start somewhere and no one should automatically assume that those who are involved in it are simply looking to make money and to rip people off.
    I don't slag people off who are involved in other breeds just because I dont happen to like the breed they like, so I don't expect it off other people who don't even know me
  8. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    What DNA tests do you do DM, AF, JRD ?

What is your breeding program aimed at ?

Mine is to produce top quality healthy working Border Collies
  9. Xel'lotath

Xel'lotath New Member

Name:
    Xel
    *headdesk* Yes, the selling puppies out of a cart is completely fabricated. The photo was taken from the breeder's face.book page. "May or may not be using a pseudonym?" No, he's stealing another persons identity! Would you really trust a site run by someone who does such things?
    Do you really want me to list all the lies and twisted truths on that site? It would take an awfully long time.
    Just for the record I'm not trying to defend the founder or anything. I know she has lied. I'm just telling you tamaksantruth is not a reliable source of information.
  10. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    Myself and the owner of the stud I use have just started DM testing, we have 2 clears and no fails at the moment, and got sticks to test others, and that will happen as we go along now.
    As we also have youngstock to health test and bring on as well it all has to be paid for and we are doing it on an as needed basis. Before any other health tests are done they will be tested for DM.
    My aim too is to breed top quality healthy family dogs, they can turn their paws to anything. they love to go swimming, and I take mine biking, they have done scootering and both regularly attend classes at my local GSD club where they are at Gold standard
  11. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    There's more on that site that IS true than is false, and lots of people don't want to see the truth even when it is given to them on a plate
  12. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    AF ? Dwarfism ? JRD ?
  13. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    Personally not experienced any of those myself, as we have GSD in the background we decided to go for DM testing first (having experienced it myself with my dobies)and then maybe widen our tests to include others if required.
    As far as I know at the moment we are the only Utonagan people starting the DM tests, but now we have announced we have tested and the results, others may follow. It is very much voluntary at the moment, and when you think that KC breeders do not have to do the tests that are mandatory in our breeding programme I think we are moving in the right direction
  14. Xel'lotath

Xel'lotath New Member

Name:
    Xel
    No, there's not. And you can get the truth without all the lies elsewhere. As I said The "No Wolf" Tamaskan History is where all true information came from. He just copied and pasted.
    I'm done talking about this. If you want to keep spreading a bias, lie filled website then go right ahead.
  15. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    It's about time other breeders of this type started DM testing! We've been doing it for years! Its a shame its taken so long for others to follow in our wake.

And as for breeding for money, if you breed your dogs in the right way i.e. health test etc and raise the pups in the best way and on the best food, along with worming, vet checks, vacc, micro chipping etc there is very little money to be made if any, not to mention the time, stress, worrry etc that is involved in having and rearing a little, not an easy thing to do if you do it properly :grin:
  16. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    I certainly second that one:grin: :grin: