Battling inflammation Health

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by HannahJo, Oct 27, 2020.

1. HannahJo

HannahJo New Member

Name:
    Hannah

Battling inflammation

Just wanted to see if anybody has or is battling inflammation with their dog. My dog has tendonitis in one of his front legs that flares up when he's been super active for consecutive days in a row (usually hunting season is the worst of it). It took us awhile and two different vets to finally diagnose this and we have been battling it for about a year.
    We now currently feed our boy a grain-free food as well as daily doses of turmeric & glucosamine. He also gets blueberries and we switch off between sweet potato and broccoli. Our vet suggested resting him for up to 2 weeks after he exhibits signs of inflammation- which we have done but even after the rest it seems like after a few days of hard work he is back to being sore. We don't want to retire him from hunting because he truely enjoys it- he is a very active and driven dog. But I also don't want to see him suffering. I know there are several reasons a dog may encounter inflammation so wondering if anybody has suggestions or tips to help reduce/manage it?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!