Beautiful Blue Eyes General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by arctic.wolf, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Tracii

Tracii New Member

Name:
    Tracey
    Very handsome!
    It was the sibes I first saw with blue eyes and have always wanted one. Maybe one day. Thanks for sharing
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
  4. Snorri the Priest

Snorri the Priest New Member

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    There used to be a pet BC up here, named "Yorick" (his breeder owned a bookshop) - I think he has gone to the Bridge now :-( , but he and Kali used to hurl vile canine abuse at each other across the street, if they met up. Yorick's "Mum" and I theorised that the reason for the hurling, on Yorick's part, was Kali's eyes - because there is little contrast between his irises and the whites of his eyes, the pupils look as if he is staring even more intently than he is. Yorick may have interpreted this as a threat :?: :?: :?:

Snorri
    :?
  5. Bluesandtwos

Bluesandtwos New Member

Name:
    LYN
    We have 5 with blue eyes, two with bi-eyes (one blue, one brown), one with parti-eye (one blue and one half blue/brown) and one with brown eyes:
    HERE!
    [​IMG]
  6. Tracii

Tracii New Member

Name:
    Tracey
    oooooo like your team!
    Particularly like Demon he has the same colouring as my 2 Utonagan's.
  7. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
  8. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    No matter what I do, when I take pictures of Kia her eyes either glow red or yellow.

Any tips to catch her blue eyes/??
  9. Snorri the Priest

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    For a start, avoid flash photography - it will always light up eyes like Christmas trees!
    Try doing it outdoors on a sunny day, but where the sun is not shining into the dog's eyes.

Snorri
    :)
  10. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    yes, you need to take the pictures with no flash, even brown eyed dogs will glow strange if you use flash :grin:
  11. juliekelham

juliekelham

Name:
    julie
    a friend of mine john has got a litter of northern inuit pups and three of them has got blue eyes,and yes they are related to your bitch arctic.wolf
  12. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    they would be lovely to see, are there any pictures and what relation to Sapphire are they, thanks :grin: I would love to see others that are related to Sapphire. I have only seen NI that have the same sire, never met any from the same dam.
  13. juliekelham

juliekelham

Name:
    julie
    sapphires mum is there grandma.have got some pictures but dont know how to put them on here [dont try and teach me becouse others have tried and failed misrably lol] i will try and email them to mags later see if she can put them on.
  14. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison

thank you, would be great to see them :grin:
  15. juliekelham

juliekelham

Name:
    julie
    will send photos up to mags for her to put on here ,theres one pup with really piercing blue eyes
  16. Snorri the Priest

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    I bought Kali with money my Mum had sent me for my birthday (even then, she was having probs getting about to shops), so, when he was 11 months old, I took him down to Edinburgh, to meet her, for a few days. While I was there, I visited my old local pub (as you do :lol: ), with Kali in tow.

As with most local pubs, mine had its resident drunk - you know the sort - knows everything about everything :roll: . This guy took a look at Kali and pronounced his verdict: "That dog's blind!"
    (Me) "No, he isn't"
    (Drunk) "Aye, he is!"
    (Me) "He isn't, and I'll prove it!"
    (Drunk) "How are ye gonna dae that?"
    (Me) "Easy! I let him off the lead, you try to hit me, and we'll see what happens."
    (Drunk) (After a wee think) "Weel, he's gonna go blind!"

Well, Kali is 13 years old now, and whilst his eyesight may not be as sharp as it used to be, he has no problems spotting the local cats!

We had a visit the other day, from some old Edinburgh friends, with their BC "Benji". It was odd seeing a brown -eyed collie wandering round the house!

Snorri
  17. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    Snorri, we get experts here as well, I've had one tell me 'that it is a shame she is blind', and another 'you can tell it's bred with a wolf cos it's got blue eyes'
  18. Snorri the Priest

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    I can understand the initial "he's blind" reaction, as, at least, in Kali's case, he does look a bit like he has cataracts (in certain lights), but if the observer were to look a bit longer, they'd see that he's really watching everything going on around him! And - he can spot an uneaten sandwich from the other end of the bar!

:lol: :lol: I wonder why I bother feeding him, in summer - if I take him to town, he spends his afternoon conning tourists out of their sausage rolls and pies! (Incidentally, he has great success with Danes, Swedes, Norwegians and Americans. He doesn't find Germans quite so generous with their lunches!)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Snorri
  19. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no
    Wow! Sapphire is Stunning! :D

And all the other dogs & cats are too!

I LOVE blue eyes on dogs, there’s something So mesmerising about them!! :D
  20. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    Finally managed to get pics of Kia's blue eyes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  21. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no
    kias lovely!! :smt007 ....may have to dognap her!!! :D