Breeding Help Discussions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by St.Joe_Wheatens, Mar 22, 2016.

1. St.Joe_Wheatens

St.Joe_Wheatens New Member

Name:
    Andrew
    I have to say...you guys are like the Hitler of dogs...only the purest of the pure can breed, only the top of the line, only those who are champions, who are somebodys, who are recognized as the best in show.
    If Hitler was a dog breeder...
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    First you say you are a hobby breeder.

Then you say that you breed to make money.

Tax forms? What Tax forms? I was a divorced mother who could not work because I had a severely disabled daughter who was in and out of hospital, so I did not need to pay tax.

You want to know the MAXIMUM selling price in those days? And I did NOT show my Griffons. MAXIMUM - and I will say it in dollars for you, $165

I do not think I need to say any more.[/QUOTE]

Do you declare your income from the puppies you breed?

I doubt it.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  4. St.Joe_Wheatens

Name:
    Andrew
    Oh no...the grammar police are out! Haha
  5. St.Joe_Wheatens

Name:
    Andrew
    You just justified yourself on not paying taxes even though you made money selling dogs from your backyard malka...stand judged by your own words not mine...quite frankly I don't care what you do.
  6. St.Joe_Wheatens

Name:
    Andrew
    Take your toys and go home 6JRT because someone doesn't agree with you...its what is making the EU such a fantastic place to live today ;)
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I did not make any money and I was NOT a backyard breeder. Unlike you.

You are SICK. "If Hitler was a dog breeder" - as a second generation Holocaust survivor that commend show exactly how sick you are.
  8. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Malka and GsdSlave like this.
    Until these dogs you freely produce end up with crippling diseases? How on earth is that doing the breed any favours?

Of course you can't. Although there are diseases that pups can be hereditary clear from if both patents are tested clear. If you care about the pups you produce you do everything to stack the deck in their favour for a healthy life. But that's the real issue here. You simply don't care and see them as nothing then money making ventures. You're disgusting, nothing but. And beyond idiotic too with what your spouting here.
  9. St.Joe_Wheatens

Name:
    Andrew
    And that's what Hitler thought, my point exactly
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Will somebody please get this person banned?
  11. St.Joe_Wheatens

Name:
    Andrew
    Take your toys and go home...is that the British way, can't handle debate?
  12. St.Joe_Wheatens

Name:
    Andrew
    If you don't like me...don't comment
  13. St.Joe_Wheatens

Name:
    Andrew
    I really thought I would find a great forum for dog discussion here...all I found was a bunch of stuckup elitist who think they are the only ones who have a right to breed dogs. Problem is, once you enter the 'hierarchy' of dog breeding you will find another group above you who do not think you have the right to breed dogs. Its an unending cycle that would lead every breed down the road of the otterhound.
  14. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    "I don't breed to 'improve the breed'
    First email will go to the AKC
    2nd email will go to American Humane Association

Now this is what will happen, the AKC & The American Humane Association will make enquiries by looking on line [Craig's list] in petshops & in Rescue homes, making a note to who is selling Wheaten Terrier Puppies - where the dogs in rescue homes were originally bought from, might take anywhere from 1 month to 12 months but once they have gathered all the information, then they will
    close you down.
  15. St.Joe_Wheatens

Name:
    Andrew
    We aren't the UK, fortunately...you have your pipe dream 6jrt ;)
  16. St.Joe_Wheatens

Name:
    Andrew
    Adios england...
    I'm going to go catch up on the daily Trump news and see if America can once again preserve the world for a bit longer.
    Its been real,
    Cherio!
  17. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    If you thought that a BYB will be welcomed with open arms then you are sadly mistaken, there are thousands of unwanted dogs in every rescue homes across the world, most are from BYB's Puppy Famers/mills these dogs are more likely to be very sick & I know in America they will put down a sick puppy because they don't have the money for vet fees, all you are doing is adding to the amount of unwanted dogs.

You stated that your dogs are family pets yet you have not posted one photo to prove that fact at all.
  18. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u

Yippee have contacted the AKC & they are now going to investigate you :041:
  19. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    6JRT's, Malka and CaroleC like this.
    As for ethical breeders they will be lucky to get one or two ‘show puppies’ out of a litter the majority of pups go to pet homes.

Although I always showed my dogs they were family members first and foremost which most show dogs are, breeding for the pet market is NO excuse not to health test and breed for the betterment of the breed.

Do you not think you owe it to potential buyers to make sure the puppies are from health tested parents?

I find it sad that you feel it is acceptable to even be a backyard breeder.
  20. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    6JRT's, Malka and CaroleC like this.
    I dont think anyone here has suggested any of the above.
    What people are saying (which you dont like) is, if you are breeding whether its for a show or pet homes, then you should be breeding the best you can, you should always be breeding to improve your lines and the breed.

Have you tested your dogs for any of the inherent conditions your breed can suffer from.

This is from the UK recommendations, your governing body (AKC ) will have the same...Hip Score, PLN : Eye Examination . all of these will have genetic testing available, if you are breeding from dogs that are free from t these then you will be going in the right direction to keeping a breed healthy.

What you also forget or are ignorant about is that whether you are breeding from show or pet dogs, almost ALL will go to pet homes, so I never get the argument given by some, that they are only breeding for the pet home, surely if you want a pup/dog you want it to be healthy and live a long healthy life regardless of its breeding.

And it might surprise you to know that all the genetic testing available for all breeds, has been achieved mostly by show breeders........... without their input into finding genetic markers to eradicate inherent problems, we would still be back in the dark ages............ would you "pet breeder for money" put out "expenses" time and energy collecting, data and so forth over generations to hopefully ( and successfully) breed out genetic problems. it can be done, due to breed enthusiasts who take the time to research.

What have you done to help this cause along.....??

You continue to accuse others of throwing their toys out, but it quite obviously shows you are the only one who is throwing a strop, you are acting like a petulant child who cant get his sweeties, blaming everyone else because hes been a naughty boy.

Your accusations about the otter hound is laughable , you have not got a clue..
  21. St.Joe_Wheatens

Name:
    Andrew
    Yet none of you can refute what you did to the otterhound.
    You know I'm reminded of your history and the 'better breed' practices you tried within the hierarchy of the royal family, matching bloodlines and such trying to keep royalty 'within the family'...it didn't work out so good did it? In fact you had some pretty nutty kings as a result of it.
    Adhering to the same failed practice in dog breeding has caused UKC dogs to become inferior. I will repeat again, akc is far superior, without a doubt. I see UKC dogs all the time that look like mangy mutts next to akc...so much so there's usually a substantial discount.

So I will agree, you guys should improve your breeds...ours are just fine.