British timber dog breed standard Controversial

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by abbie, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    It does seem to be same old, same old...with a new name....

Does that bring it up to 7 now?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim New Member

Name:
    Liesl
    :lol::lol::lol: Ahh my spelling leaves a lot be desired I know but I am not producing a public document like a breed standard where you would assume the people writing it would at least know what they are talking about:002:

If I were doing such then I would make sure it was all correct both in spelling and grammar before making it public because as it stands they have made themselves look very foolish:lol:
  4. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Those poor guys were dragged off their feet, wonder why they never chose dogs that can actually walk on a lead? Hardly a good advertisment for the type of dog.
  5. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    My lord!!!:lol: :lol: my English might not be perfect but I can say with certainty that I could do a better job than that.

Now if someone could translate it so that it makes a bit more sence, I'll have a go at creating a model of what the standard says these dogs should look like...I'm being serious, I expect it'll look rather non-functional, but it'll be fun to try.
  6. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    I quite agree, I too think the whole thing is absurd, but your post implied that anyone with a certain type of dog is illiterate and a bit thick, I for one had an excellent education and though not the smartest cookie in the box, I sure aint thick:lol:
  7. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    pleaze dont be so touchey sutty.... my spellin aint grate ;-)
  8. bint

bint New Member

Name:
    Susan
    I think the pulling/wild looking :)lol: ) was supposed to make them look more wolfy. Didn't work though!
  9. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Ref the video.

'These are wild vicious creatures that can bite.' oh yes, coz that's going to attract the right type of owner isn't it.

'They've seen how good they are in london' what, doing a steamtrain routine on the lead...no, I think they'd prefer trained dogs on set.

And wolf looking, my ass. The CGI wolves they use look more wolfie.
  10. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz

Yes i know, i was just thinking that any breeders using that clip to promote dog sales would be giving the impression that this type of dog cannot be walked on a lead and they can. ;-)

Bad promotion imo.
  11. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    :lol: :lol: ok Im sory, not tuchy thow:lol: :lol:
  12. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    LOL so fake wolves and fake topless guys!..

Well clearly not but they certainly aint any of the actors!..
  13. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Oh dear.....just the kind of promotion you want for these dogs....

...are they not mean to be trainers as well....loving the loose lead walking!!
  14. Moonstone

Moonstone New Member

Name:
    S
    That video is the biggest giggle I have had in ages!:lol:
    I was waiting for the fake topless guys to be pulled off their feet, by the fake wolves.

That has to be the naffest thing ever, and what was with the string leads????
  15. Luke

Luke New Member

Oh dear even more wolf look alikes, will these be in an even poorer disposition to genetic problems than the others, or worse? Or maybe these will be the super dogs who are everything anyone can dream of as a perfect pet, despite not reading to be anything like a real dog.
  16. Wolf Girl

Wolf Girl New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    I hate to be the one to break up the party but can I suggest that everyone stops bitching about these breeders (who they clearly have no personal experience of) and leave them to those that do? I have an NI puppy from them and can verify that they are the most responsible, educated breeders I have ever come across.
    The Eclipse video cannot be judged as it is part of the hobby of one member in animal acting and the dogs were under strict instruction to "pull like wolves" etc.
    And as for the price I am amazed that this could be questioned. We were quoted around the same by several GSD breeders in the area and our NI puppy came with an inclusion of full vaccines, basic training (including litter training), microchipping, personal puppy diary...oh and not forgetting training for life at their very popular and established centre.
    I am deeply upset that this thread could be run and have such short-sighted opinions from dog lovers. Such a pity that nobody has bothered to take the time to see how sincere and prodessionsl these breeders and this centre is.
  17. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    The thread isn`t about NIs. It`s about the market for ersatz wolf dogs that certain types find snortingly exciting. Read before you bitch perhaps?
  18. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    so many parts of the post i wanna 'pull her up on' but i canni be a****d lol :roll:

btw... why would u litter train an n.i :?
  19. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Perhaps they are like Cats as well as Wolves?? :mrgreen:
  20. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    I'm actually all for the BTD and what they hope to do, i like it that they are trying to be a place for all the groups to come together and that they are starting from scratch with the dogs however £1,250 is an unbelievable high price and sorry but anybody prepared to pay it must be nuts.
    The video no matter how you look at it is not good promotion as a video, better as a photo and sorry but its laughable to suggest the dogs were trained to pull like wolves.
    On a positive note its good you have a lifetime training but i still dont believe that justifies the price, my puppy training class is £3.
  21. Wolf Girl

Wolf Girl New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    Re: British timber dog breed standard

The thread isn`t about NIs. It`s about the market for ersatz wolf dogs that certain types find snortingly exciting. Read before you bitch perhaps?

Actually I wasn't bitching I was trying to ask the same. My NI IS from the breeders and is known as a BTD. I was purely asking that personal attacks on individuals should be stopped. Pull me up on anything in my posting. It would be my pleasure.