CBD Oil General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by dianeburms, Feb 12, 2022.

1. dianeburms

dianeburms New Member

Name:
    diane

CBD Oil

Has anyone here tried this for their dogs (or themselves for that matter)?

I know a couple of people who are using CBD oil for various issues with their dogs. I just ordered some to try with Peeves for his noise anxiety issues. I think I may try it for my joint pain too.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    My OH and myself have both tried CBD oil but didn't think it made a noticeable difference to our joint pain. My step-brother swears by the stuff and thinks it's marvellous! We are all different and I would say it is worth trying to see whether it works for you.
    Last year I lost two dogs to different cancers. Amongst other medications I gave them Hemp Oil but not the CBD.
  4. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Chris B likes this.
    I've never had a reason to use it. My dogs have always been healthy and have responded well to traditional medical treatments when needed, so looking for alternative medicines hasn't been necessary.

I would be concerned with the unregulated manufacturing of CBD. You want to be sure you are getting what you are buying. THB can be toxic to dogs, so you need to be sure it's not in the product - and without oversight you can't necessarily trust the labeling/marketing.
  5. dianeburms

dianeburms New Member

Name:
    diane
    @CaroleC thank you for your response
  6. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    I guess mine wasn't what you wanted to hear.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Some people on the Epilepsy List were giving CBD oil to their dogs but there did not seem to be any definite consensus as to whether it helped reduce seizures or not, but I did not try it with my beloved Pereg.

I was offered the chance to take part in a research group to see if it would help me but after discussing it with my doctor I declined.
  8. Jess Adams

Jess Adams New Member

Name:
    Jess
    A friend of mine uses CBD oil for their dog and apparently it works well to calm him xx
  9. dianeburms

dianeburms New Member

Name:
    diane
    also thank you for your suggestion
  10. DesmondRay

DesmondRay New Member

Name:
    Desmond Ray
    I haven't explored alternative options like CBD oil. If you think it might help your pup, it could be worth a try! Just make sure to do some research.
  11. Nuggets

Nuggets New Member

Name:
    karie
    Helidale likes this.
    I've used CBD oil for joint pain, and it helped me manage discomfort. I gave it to my dog for anxiety, and it calmed him during stressful times. CBD may not work the same for everyone, so consult your vet or a healthcare professional. Make sure to choose high-quality CBD oil from a reputable source that's been tested by third-party labs. CBD is not a cure-all, so monitor your health closely when introducing new supplements or treatments. I've used CBD oil for joint pain, and it helped me manage discomfort. I gave it to my dog for anxiety, and it calmed him during stressful times. CBD may not work the same for everyone, so consult your vet or a healthcare professional. Make sure to choose high-quality CBD oil from a reputable source that's been tested by third-party labs. CBD is not a cure-all, so monitor your health closely when introducing new supplements or treatments. Have you tried this for their dogs (or themselves, for that matter)?

I know a couple of people who are using CBD oil for various issues with their dogs. I just ordered some to try with Peeves for his noise anxiety issues. I think I may try it for my joint pain too.[/QUOTE]
  12. Nuggets

Nuggets New Member

Name:
    karie
    It's great that you're exploring potential solutions for your dog's noise anxiety issues and considering options for your own joint pain. While CBD oil has gained popularity for its potential benefits, it's important to consult with a veterinarian or healthcare professional before starting any new treatment, whether for yourself or your pet.

Additionally, for joint pain, you may want to consider incorporating omega-3 fatty acids into your diet or your dog's diet. Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil supplements or certain foods like salmon, have shown potential benefits for joint health and inflammation. They are a natural and commonly recommended supplement for promoting joint comfort and mobility.

Remember to consult with professionals to determine the best approach for your specific needs and to ensure the safety and well-being of both yourself and your furry friend.
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Chris B and Toedtoes like this.
    How strange that in our only two posts this morning both posters have provided a live link to the same product!

Could this possibly be a promotion?
  14. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    CaroleC likes this.
    Hmmm. Also interesting that both posts were the second posts by that poster on a single thread, saying basically the same thing but including the link...

Tornado-dog says there's something here that triggers his terrier instincts.
  15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    :044:
  16. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    CaroleC likes this.
    There is no advertising allowed. Reported to moderator
  17. Nelsoncoopercbd

Nelsoncoopercbd New Member

Name:
    Nelson
    Well, it depends on the dosage of CBD you use. A low dose of CBD might be good for dogs but the higher dose..... not sure exactly!!! but I think it will cause your dog some troubles
  18. chlosmum

chlosmum New Member

Name:
    Barbara
    CaroleC likes this.
    My younger Mini Schnauzer has been given CBD Oil for epilepsy since June last year. As his seizures aren't frequent or severe, my vet recommended he be put on a qood quality CBD Oil, rather than proprietary drugs with their possible side effects. Something I was in agreement with and still am.

At first he started off by having a seizure every 3 months, which lasted for around 5 minutes and I would say was quite severe. Once it was over it took him a good 15 minutes of being hyperactive and disorientated before he returned to normal.

His last 3 seizures have worked out at roughly one per month, but are considerably less severe. The last one lasted less than 2,5 minutes. Similarly the recovery time was considerably less than before, being plus or minus 5 minutes.

The CBD Oil I buy is a very high quality, (not to be confused with Hemp Oil). He started off with 2 drops, twice a day, which I increased to 3 drops in the morning and 2 drops in the evening. He's also given DMGuard (Dimethylglycine (DMG)) as recommended by my vet, as well as Salmon Oil.

He's fed on Purina Neurocare kibble specially developed for dogs suffering from epilepsy.

Hope that helps.