Corgi Video. Videos

Discussion in 'Welsh Corgi (Cardigan)' started by mch, Mar 13, 2016.

1. mch

mch New Member

Name:
    Mikhail
    Azz likes this.

Corgi Video.

"Basic Instinct"
    Watch on YouTube.
    1sheep.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Very tame sheep getting some rough treatment by one of the corgis. I don't think I would have wanted to show this video on line!
  4. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Malka and 6JRT's like this.
    I agree...
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    Why are the owners encouraging their dogs to attack the sheep (nipping at the sheep legs & body) don't make any sense to me as farm helping dogs are suppose to herd the sheep/goats/cows not attack them.
  6. mch

mch New Member

Name:
    Mikhail
    "Room At The Top".
    Watch on YouTube.
    1mont.jpg
  7. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Corgi are small dogs and if trying to teach them to herd, they may need a bit of extra "force" to get the sheep to obey. Still not a fan. One of the sheep was quite upset and looked almost ready to fight back. Won't end well for Corgi if said sheep goes over the edge and attacks.
  8. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Corgis were used to herd cattle and sometimes Welsh ponies and sheep.

A Corgi herds in a different way to a Collie. Unlike Collies who gathers the herd by running around it, Corgis work the livestock by driving the herd forward, nipping the heels and working the herd from behind in semi circles which is probably why it looks odd to anyone who's only seen Collies herding sheep.
  9. mch

mch New Member

Name:
    Mikhail
    BALLissimo, Leo!
    Watch on YouTube.
    1ball.jpg
  10. mch

mch New Member

Name:
    Mikhail
    Leo in suspense style.
    Watch on YouTube.
  11. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Corgis were bred to heard sheep, nipping heals is how they do it.
  12. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Yeah, sorry, but that first video and first Corgi doesn't show a dog under control showing natural instinct to me. Just being given a bit of a free for all in allowing to roughly grab/provoke the sheep. The dog seemed more...playful? than actually intent in herding....
  13. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Collies and corgis ( and other hearing breeds) natural instinct is to chase and bite ( attack) the animal they are bred to heard, it is then down to the farmer / shephard to teach them to curb their instinct to a level of acceptance. You will often see young collies doing the same thing, until, they have been taught to curb their instinct.

The video although unpleasant to watch will be no different to thousands of dogs first introduction to their flocks.

What we are used to seeing on the TV , and farms will be the end result of mths/ years of traing to control the dogs instinct to chase and bite.
  14. mch

mch New Member

Name:
    Mikhail
    Happy Birthday, Leo!
    WATCH precious moments on YouTube.
  15. mch

mch New Member

Name:
    Mikhail
    Leo in search of mermaid.
    WATCH on YouTube.
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Can you please explain why everything you post - and your videos appear to be the only things you post, always says "Watch on YouTube".

Could it possibly be that every time someone clicks on your posts on YouTube, and possibly subscribes to your channel, that you are earning money?

Because if that is the reason for you joining Breedia, you are using the forum for advertising purposes.
  17. Benjamin1995

Benjamin1995 New Member

Name:
    Benjamin
    I'm surprised at how tame the sheep are. That one corgi is very rough, too. I don't understand why the owners would encourage this. Maybe I'm just not used to seeing small dogs herd sheep. I've seen Border Collies work cattle and they need to be very tough. The heel nipping is necessary. But, the dog needs to be under control and not just allowed to go wild on the stock. The dog has nice instinct, though. You sure have posted a lot of videos...
  18. mch

mch New Member

Name:
    Mikhail
    Leo. King of the Hill.
    WATCH.
  19. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Embedding hasn't been disabled so you don't have to visit YouTube to watch. In any case, the dog is in excellent shape, the videos are in excellent quality, and everyone seems happy. It is a wee bit odd how the user doesn't respond to posts or anything, but I have no problem with the videos.
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Myra, clicking on that video still takes it to YouTube.

The user does not respond because he is using Breedia as advertisements for his YouTube channel.
  21. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Well ive just clicked on video and it did ‘not ‘take me to youtube.

We have had this discussion on another post about members only posting videos. http://www.forum.breedia.com/thread...-dog-shall-we-dance-said-hamster-puppy.16071/

Azz seems happy about allowing the videos, so I don’t get your problem.