Cross breeding Controversial

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Tassle, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura-Anne

Laura-Anne New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Same old problems, education & regulation required as a whole, as always its the dogs who suffer for it.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Yes some people shouldnt have a stuff toy let alone a dog, but then likewise buyers make mistakes, fall for breeders that are telling porkies or what ever.
  4. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Lol Yorkie x Pug!:?:
  5. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    lmao. That was quick! :mrgreen:
  6. Laura-Anne

Laura-Anne New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Your right but it has been tried and tested and isnt working with the poodle crosses types. I would just say to them to research that aspect of it :)
  7. Blu

Blu New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Lets be honest.. Some people can't breed and raise children properly so what chance do dogs (and any other animals) have with some idiots raising them!
  8. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Don't - I had someone ask me if that was possible the other day :shock: :009:.....and yes - she was serious!
  9. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Another thing is why with cross breeders do you find they breed a number of different crosses? Do you find that acceptable?
    where as someone breeding 2/3 different pedigree breeds may well have their ethics questioned.
  10. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I have not found this to be honest.

From the 'ethical' ones - I have only found they do one cross and very rarely breed.
  11. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    no that would not be acceptable/ethical, in the same way a ped breeder woulnt be, i could live weith either side of the XB though
  12. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    i actally think lions are quite doggy type of cats!
  13. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Hmm I have seen it a few times.
    I dont understand breeders who breed a number of breeds, with pedigrees and crosses.
  14. Laura-Anne

Laura-Anne New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Have seen a few times breeders who seem to try tick all of the "designer breed" boxes. Wouldnt touch them with a barge pole.

Would possibly consider one who bred cockers and cocker poodle crosses but i would question why they breed both and their thoughts.
  15. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Can we bring the bulldog types in to the debate .. People are still putting other breeds in to the mix to get a healthy dog.. has is worked ???
  16. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    I would question why they felt they had something to offer the breed, and then cross it with something else at other times! It does all confuse me some what! :neutral:
  17. Laura-Anne

Laura-Anne New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Yup thats exactly what i would ask. Im fully aware when looking at crosses how ped breeders are so against this. So youd have to question how they can do both. I would consider because im assuming they would have a good reason for it. Possibly to produce cockers to breed for the cross to try create a standard ie keep one. Not sure. Havent spoke to one.
  18. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    Depends if they were crossbreeding to create something for a purpose. Or just doing it for the sake of it.

I am confused about what your post is about :? if its re the labradoodles origin, then i was talking about them being bred to be guide dogs for people with allergies... the guy tried to use poodles but they failed so he bred them with Labradors with the aim to get the Labradors temperament and ability to be a guide dog but the coat of a poodle.
  19. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    just out of interest, but what is she breeding her dog with?

oh, and i personally still find it unethical.
  20. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Another Pug x beagle.
  21. Dobermann

Dobermann New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    Now that I have read through the thread, Ive thought of a few questions (that I came up with on other peoples comments..)

So, since there are breeders of pedigree show dogs who are doing well but who are unethical in many ways, even though they health test etc. Why is it unethical for a 'pet dog owner' to be passionate about a breed but since they dont like showing, they breed a litter anyway. Why should it be that the dogs should be shown to further the breed?

A show is just, exactly that, a show, a competition that people pay to enter with their dog.

Say the person aims to breed in a way that they truley feel will better the breed, they just dont show their dogs or work them at the moment - how is that so unethical? It does not necessarily mean they are not breeding great quality for the breed?

(I'm not doing this just wondered)

Sorry, if this is hijacking tell me and I will create a thread. I just wondered.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.