Crufts- any breeds you saw and liked? Showing

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Wyrd, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha

Crufts- any breeds you saw and liked?

I had a good look around discover dogs today at Crufts. I went with a few breeds in mind to get more info on and meet 'in the flesh'.
    The lady on the Large Munsterlander and Curly Coated Retriever stands were very helpful and answered all my questions, and their dogs were lovely :) Munsters are a breed for the future I think :grin:
    I was a little disappointed with one of the women on the Dalmatian stand though, I got a bit of a disapproving 'oh' when I told her my boy had a patch :-(
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
    Well I wasn't there but watched on TV...I loved the shar-pei and the japanese shiba inu!! Booootiful!!:007:
  4. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Did the shar pei look healthier than years before ??
  5. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    I loved a lot of the breeds, but have to confess that I like 'everday' cuts rather than 'show' cuts. Some of the dogs had so much hair that you couldn't really see the dog underneath it all :)
  6. Anniebee

Anniebee New Member

Name:
    Annie
    I'm not a huge fan of weenie dogs, BUT, just how cute and happy was that wee Pomeranian that won the group??
  7. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    I also loved the Cardigan Corgi :007:

There was a fab pom doing a heelwork to music demo :)
  8. emma47

emma47 New Member

Name:
    Emma
    I love the Cardigan Corgi :049: If i decide to buy a pup they would be top of the list, at the moment anyway :lol:
  9. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen
    It is great see dogs for real that you have only seen pics of before , some are smaller/larger that I realised.

Border Terriers are much smaller than I realised , the salukis and 2 brindle sloughis were elegant and beautiful.

The poodles hairstyles were varied and looked like a lot of work.

As it was toy day there were lots of dogs in prams !

The tiny chi sat under the greyhounds made a great pic and the deerhounds were like donkeys and all seemed to have tiny owners !

The curly coat retriever looked like he had a perm but really different to see this type of coat.

Discover Dogs is great to see all these lovely and different dogs in one place, oh and the portuguese podengos were never quiet all day, not sure if thats normal for them.
  10. DoKhyi

DoKhyi New Member

Name:
    DoKhyi
    I don't know to be honest. I'd have to look up who won the BOBs as my memory is only photographic for the pei my friend bred. To my eye though, this shar-pei is an absolute cracker, but I've always liked the more moderate type modern type shar-pei as opposed to too much wrinkle, short legs/low on the front, large heads and too much padding on the muzzle like pet people seem to want.

When I saw him I thought "Oh my god, that's Fly's head!" And sure enough when I had a look, Am Ch Elite's Radio Flyer is his great grandsire. Fly was a lovely dog. I met him a few times and I used to do obedience and agility with one of his sons a few years ago. Lovely temperament, nice long legs, moderate in type but his front could have been straighter.
  11. JamieWilson

JamieWilson New Member

Name:
    JamieWilson
    I want to see a Saluki in the flesh, we have a Saluki X GSD next door that we share a garden with, he is so good looking and elegant! Would love to see a pure Saluki! :grin:
  12. Moon's Mum

Moon's Mum New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    Kooikehondje! :D
  13. Tillymint

Tillymint New Member

Name:
    Suzie
    I'm watching it on tv (only watched last nights so far)
    I'm a bit shocked at myself as the one that's really struck me is the poodle (I think he was called Graham) - which I wouldn't have thought my type of dog at all, but I was really taken with him:)
    I also really liked the Bichon & the French Bulldog.
  14. Lizzy23

Lizzy23 New Member

Name:
    Liz
    me too:grin:
  15. Seacrow

Seacrow New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Got a jolly good face washing from a Lancashire Heeler. :lol: Not a dog I would have considered before, but they were friendly without over-doing it, and clever looking little faces.
  16. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    I really liked the Bracco in the group today, when having seen them in the flesh previously and thought they looked a tad bizarre! :lol:

The IRWS and Slovak are on my wishlist for my 3rd dog now, as well as the SWD! :lol:
  17. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    I was taken with the Lowchen's, lovely, friendly dogs and very cute.
  18. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    I didn't go in person but watching the dogs last night, the GWP in the gundog line up was STUNNING.

I loved the little Pom that won the Toy group. I want him!
  19. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Been to crufts today and as expected fell in love with the Dobermann :) Only really met one before but had a great chat with a few owners and the people on the stand.

So thats the Dobermann confirmed as a good bread for us and at the top of the list
  20. Tillymint

Tillymint New Member

Name:
    Suzie
    ooooh Merlin the Irish Water Spaniel winner from the gun dogs.... oooh I lurve him:)
  21. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

Finnish Lapphund :)