Crufts- any breeds you saw and liked? Showing

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Wyrd, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    I have been avidly glued to the tv and I really liked the Bouvier Des Flandres. Looked quite like a huge Kerry Blue to me :lol:

As I can only have non-moulting breeds due to asthma unfortunately doubt we would be getting one of those. Met some at a dog show once and they were very friendly and outgoing dogs.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. PB&J

PB&J New Member

Name:
    Jess
    Liked the look of the German Pinscher today, but I don't know a great deal about them. Also the Dobermann, I've always been a fan of dobes.
  4. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    I'm also surprised at how petite the Huskies seem to be. The one the discover dogs stand and the one on the TV last night seemed to be very petite compared to the ones I see out and about.
  5. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    Real Sibes are fairly small, but pet bred ones can be humongous. I often see Sibes that are bigger than Mals when out on walks - sometimes even struggle to tell the difference, which shouldn't happen!
  6. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Sat next to the Alaskan Malamute ring on Sat, and although a breed I would never own, I (and my hubby) could not but admire them, stunning dogs, but not one I wish to own.
  7. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    You might have seen my girly!
  8. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Might of done, shame I did not realise,I would have said hi.

Was watching the Porties and had to divide my time between watching both.
  9. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Might of done, shame I did not realise,I would have said hi.

Was watching the Porties and had to divide my time between watching both.

How did you do!
  10. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    We got VHC in special puppy bitch and VHC in good citizen bitch. She was a very good girl, I was very proud of her.

Here she is in the puppy class.

[​IMG]
  11. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

Oh so that's who you are :lol:
  12. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    Oooh was I spotted?:) I don't know many Mal people just yet.
  13. K'Ehleyr

K'Ehleyr New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    The lakeland terriers today, never knew they were so dinky.:007: :007:
  14. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    what a brilliant photo - check out the womans face behind you that just got snogged by the dog !!! LOL:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  15. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    That explains a lot! I know a guy who I see a lot down my local park. He refers to his dog as a Husky, but going by the size of the dog I assumed he was wrong and it was a Mal! :shock: When out of coat the dog looks like a Sibe, when in coat he looks like a Mal??? You can tell I'm not terribly up on the northern breeds! :lol:
  16. Laura-Anne

Laura-Anne New Member

Name:
    Laura
    watched online, the otterhound (although it seemed to have a head tilt dont know if anyone else thought this?), pom and lakeland terrier caught my eye
  17. Chellie

Chellie New Member

Name:
    Chellie
    I made my OH (who loves dogs but is not interested in any dog activities be it training, showing, agility etc) watch all of the group judging so that he could pick out any he liked the look of/would like to own in the future, and asked him to make a list of the ones that he liked the look of.

When I looked at his list after the last lot of group judging he only had one breed on his list - an Akita :roll:

I mentioned other breeds that looked similar but he just said that they weren't comparable so, unless another dog in need turns up at the door, I guess our next dog will be an Akita :lol:
  18. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

:lol:

Well my friend had a pup in that class too, so I made sure I was there to watch that class (I have two breeds which were on at the same time in different halls so was splitting my time between the two :) ). I knew everyone in the class bar you so it was hard not to spot you :lol:
  19. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    i too was suprised at the sibes, me and my friend i went with said how small they were "in real life"

i fell in love with the great danes :007: :007: well and truly :lol: i sat with them for ages and spoke to loads of breeders about them, one woman let me walk hers up and down to see if i thought i could handle them, he was only 18 months old and behaved very well seeing as i was a stranger and taking him away from his mum :007: definitely a breed i want to own in the future, nothing else compared to them all day after i had spent time with them.

i also really want a pug! i know its a breed i wanted before anyway, but i loved seeing them in discover dogs, and got pug mobbed by 4 of them who dived on my knee for cuddles :lol:

i also loved looking at the newfies, particularly the black and white ones :007: could never own one though, the ammount of drool that was leaving their mouth and dripping all over the floor and down the coat :lol:

definitely realised that im a big dog person :grin:
  20. Westie_N

Westie_N New Member

Name:
    Nicola
    Yes, I saw loads of breeds that I met and quite liked.

Some of them were Parson Russell Terriers, Border Terriers, Australian Cattle Dogs, Shiba Inus and Welsh Springer Spaniels (even though I'm not really a gundog person, but they were so lovely and the one I met on the breed booth was a PAT dog, as was her mum! She was very sweet).

And on the larger side I liked the Beardies, Belgian Shepherds (Tervuren) and tri coloured Australian Shepherds (with tails!).

Obviously liked the Westies too (and Basenjis!) and can see myself with another at some point, hopefully! :grin:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
  21. Northernsoulgirl

Northernsoulgirl New Member

Name:
    Gill
    I didn't go but watched a bit on the tv. I fell in love with the Otter Hound - a breed which is apparently on the 'close to extinction' list, which seems such a shame. They said they were great family dogs.