Crufts TV Schedule 2019. Crufts

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by CaroleC, Mar 2, 2019.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.

Crufts TV Schedule 2019.

The lovely Clare Balding is back with us again. Hope she doesn't bring Alan!

Thursday 7th. March, Gundogs. Ch.4. 3 - 4pm. More4. 6.30 - 8pm. Ch.4. 8-9pm.
    Friday 8th. March. Working + Pastoral. Ch.4. 3 - 4pm. More4. 6.30-7.30pm Ch.4. 7.30 - 9pm.
    Saturday 9th. March. Terrier + Hound. Ch.4. 4 - 5pm. 7 - 9pm.
    Sunday 10th. March. Utility + Toy. Live coverage of BIS. 7 - 9 pm.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Thank you for that info Carole [and I will not ask who Alan is as I am stupid - but I do like Clare].

Right - dates and times noted, and hopefully I will not miss things. The problem is times as I assume you have quoted GMT time and I am at GMT+2.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Can never understand why they cant get knowledgeable dog folk as presenters, cant stand Clare and Allen was awful.
    This year we have the delight of Radzi Chinyanganya https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radzi_Chinyanganya
    Supported by Peter Purves and dog reporters and breed experts Jessica Holm and Frank Kane. ‘Supervet’, Professor Noel Fitzpatrick will also be returning on the Saturday.
    Looking at the entries it’s a poor one for Gsd’s, only 121 dogs and 140 entries.

I also see White Swiss Shepherd Dog only recognised by the Kennel Club in October 2017, will be competing for the first time.:eek:
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Should have mentioned the Crufts live feed on YouTube as well. We may have a chance of seeing some actual breed judging on there.
    Our entry is 222 giving 263, which means an 8am start, (at least it does for the boys), as we only have one judge. Top entry is, I think, Goldens, with 592 giving 688. Two judges, but a full day's work for them both!

OMG. That Radzi is bad enough commentating on sport! He seems to think we are all in the Blue Peter age group.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The Crufts live feed on YouTube is the only one I can see, but it does not show everything.
  7. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Watched the Mastiff breed showing.
    Overall some great looking English Mastiffs but not sure how 3 of them even got in, one looked more like a bullmastiff and 2 had poor rear leg drive.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Big day at Crufts today - well, it is yesterday now!
    There were 24 in Merry's Veteran Bitch class, so I was pleased with her VHC, (5th). Her tail never stopped wagging, she is such a joy to show. We had an end bench, and lots of people stopped and asked if they could have a cuddle, - which she loved.
    I had half an hour of panic when we got back to the car to load up, when I couldn't find my purse - containing about £45 and two newly purchased Beagle Club badges. I had a sudden mental picture of tying Merry onto a neighbouring bench while I collapsed her crate, and putting the purse down next to her. I may be old and creaky, but I covered the sprint down from E5 car park to Hall 5 quicker than the bus could have done it. Of course our ring was in the far corner, so I really had given up hope of it still being there, given all the crowds that attend on a Saturday.
    As I huffed and puffed to my bench, a hand appeared with the purse and a name and address written on the back of a ring number. Another Beagle exhibitor was in the process of leaving a note so I could contact her to get it back again. Beagles really are a lovely breed to be in. Big pub meal on the way home, so the purse is considerably slimmer now.
    And so to bed.
  9. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    That was a large veteran class, and Merry did you proud,:038:

Glad that you got your purse back and had a good day allround.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Such a large class, so a very good result for Merry - well done :023:

[​IMG]

[and a very good result in getting your purse back at the end of a tiring day!]