Date loving dog Diet

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Janet, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Azz likes this.

Date loving dog

I've had to research whether dates are safe for dogs (they are, though too many can cause diarrhoea).

I spilled a big bag of pitted dates on the floor, and I thought rather than waste them I'd put them on the big bird table because we have a flock of jackdaws who eat anything. Except, it seems, dates. I can only assume that they tossed them off the table in disgust, because I have now discovered that Chico has been busying himself bringing the dates in one by one and hiding them under cushions etc.

I now have to check before I go out to make sure I haven't got a date stuck to me!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    I can't see why they wouldn't be fine as an occasional treat :D
  4. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    I read the heading wrongly and had visions of Chico dating tiny girl dogs! Mind you knowing him I wouldn't put it past him! :058:
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Oh I love it! The idea of Chico going out on dates! I am sure there are many suitable outfits available from the chihuahua boutiques - not that he'd wear them, he just about tolerates his harness.
  6. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    I think he'd look good in a top hat and tails!
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Some people on the Epi List put their dog's pills in pitted dates, usually half a date is sufficient unless the dog has a slew of pills each time.