Diet Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Finnley MacCool, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Finnley MacCool

Finnley MacCool New Member

Name:
    Sharon
    6JRT's and CaroleC like this.

Diet

IMG_4408.JPG Hi again, Finnighan is now 17weeks. He's doing really well since his rescue and has gained 4kg and several inches in just over 3 weeks. He's now 20inch to shoulder and 15kg. His walls are coming down and we are slowly introducing him into the world. I'm wondering about diet. As he's growing quickly and I am seeing more wolfhound in him, as well as Lurcher??Currently on 4 meals a day. Lamb sausage, a good dry for large breed, 1tbs yoghurt a day, some egg, fish, raw food, bone broth. Any advice?

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    As long as your dog is eating well & his poo's are not runny or rock hard then continue feeding him what he's already on
  4. Finnley MacCool

Finnley MacCool New Member

Name:
    Sharon
    There has been some upset tummy and runny poo. But then I found a dead bird (ew) in his outside basket. It had fallen out of the nest, and was pretty off. So I think that may be the reason for upset tummy.
  5. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    If you found the dead bird, then that means he did not eat it. If he did not eat it, then it wouldn't cause runny poo. Dogs wouldn't be eating all those different things in their meals and I don't think lots of different stuff is really good for them. Tends to cause, you guessed it, upset stomach! Some stuff doesn't sit well together and some dogs just can't tolerate a varied diet. I actually don't trust vets for diet advice but I'd simplify his diet if he were my dog. The diet he's on may be fine for him, though.