Do we know what we own? Discussions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Hayley SBT, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    ....sorry I missed this bit Luke :grin:
    ...no one can be 100% sure Luke no :) , but if you have bred the parents and the new litter yourself, or you go to a reputable breeder and see a puppy with the dam and see the sire you have a pretty good idea of the breed or crossbreed even and where the puppies come from .

Lets take a hypothetical case, if I tell you I have a Bulldog and I also write a number of strange and conflicting stories on here about where it came from, but I still maintain it is a Bulldog , can anyone be sure it is a Bulldog. Then if I say I wish to speak for the 'true Bulldog' and let my dog run wild or encourage it to show it's spirit and it bites someone or rips their dog apart how would you feel as a Bulldog owner?

What right would I have to speak for you getting even more bad publicity for your breed because I think my dog is a Bulldog and I have some romanticised ideal of what Bulldogs were once used for and I wish to see them remain the same. :-(
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    You have completely missed what Azz was saying...

Its you who is turning it around to something completely different and unpleasant. The point was perhaps Hayley is listening to the wrong people because that type convincingly prey on those whose views have not been accepted by the people who actually *do* care about Hayley and her dogs future together as well as the future of all breeds rapidly heading for the DDA unless something is done to weed out and stop the `wrong` sort continuing to perpetuating their own misunderstanding of these dogs, or their own vile thirst for blood from seeing them fight.

Hayley that concerns me also, I dont think you are hearing us because of what ever battles you may have had before, and are more receptive to the wrong types because of that, and they will use it.
    The fact is, many of us here know far more about Bull breeds [ varying amounts and varying between the breeds of course ], that you realise, and know that the traits being fed to you as being part of `real Staffies` are NOT original traits. Removing them would allow the breeds to be how they were before interference - those are the REAL Staffies [ and other Bull breeds ].

Tenacious and brave in *spirit* are the traits which should be there, not those traits being physically displayed and used. When they are displayed in the way you have been led to believe they `should` be, the dogs concerned are a dangerous man-made caracature of what they were turned in to for the human sickness of `sporting` cruelty and barbarism.
  4. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci

Good Post :)

Hayley please listen to what is being said and open your eyes and see the bigger picture :) Let your dogs be just that, dogs..
    Healthy happy animals who thrive in the company of their own kind, please do not think for one second that an awful 'knee jerk reaction will never happen again, as it will, it may even come faster than you think, if you continue to hold the views that you do.
  5. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    nicci for someone who had its bull mastiff killed by your own american bulldog, i cannot understand why you trust your dogs 100 percent when it comes to being together? Surely after making the mistake of trusting your own dogs togehter because you let them be dogs, but didnt understand the fact they were bull breeds, you would have learnt a big great lesson
    its not me who has to worry as ive learnt my lesson with mungo bean and borris and shall never let that happen again
    its you and your dogs i worry for, because you trust them 100 percent and yet your bull mastiff is dead because you let them be dogs!
    another understanding bull breed owner right nicci?
  6. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    Azz your personal comments are over my head i dont care really and have learnt not to rise to the bait
    Minihaha same goes for you

Azz please dont forget you own a presa, only takes one PUBLIC dog attack by rocky for it to say BIG BAD PRESA kills another dog, cus believe me it could happen control by voice command is not enough to stop the presa instincts
  7. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    also nicci why your slating me being a bad bull breed owner, your kennel club british bulldog maulled your little girls face, you didnt put a killing machine down, you gave it to your brother.....
    If it was my dog and it bit my kid weather i payed nothing of 2000 pounds for it, it would be pts in seconds
    so now because of a good understanding bull breed owner, a child biting dog is walk the streets
  8. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    I knew you could stoop low Hayley, as many people know whom I have confided in, it was a terrible accident! One that will not happen ever again!

Gosh I have come to learn from that mistake - many wouldn't from that accident I have come to understand my dogs pretty well, as in any situation with anyone owning multiple breeds accidents happen, and thats exactly what it was a terrible, terrible accident which could happen to anyone owning such breeds including youself, lets hope it never does.
  9. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    i also for a min dont think someone like minihaha would say your wrong, even thou your bull mastiff is dead by one of your own dogs yet still allowed and trusted in the public with other dogs nad the fact you allow you british bulldog who bites kids to walk around on the street
    because minihaha is only intrested in picking on one person...
  10. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    i learnt unlike u as you trust your dogs 100 percent nicci, i dont trust mine now because i know what can happen! i control them but i dont trust them when ive left them alone together
  11. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    Yes, my dog is dead - Must you keep rubbing my face in things that I punish myself everyday for?

Also I will re-phrase a few things for you.

I took on a Bulldog from excellent lines - no mention of his parents at the time I handed the money over (and lots of it) that his Sire and Dam were well known for being aggressive, not only to their owners but in the show ring too! Yes' he bit my daughter, no he didnt pay the price with his life because that was my decision wether that be at the time the right or wrong thing to do.
  12. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    dont preach to me and call me a bad dog owner
    i understand my breed, i control my breed, i avoid dog fights and i dont want to see the stafford change as then its not another stafford

but you didnt put your own dog down for biting you daughters face and even though sadly your bullmastiff died you still have not learnt that even the thou they were 'dogge friends', 'part of the pack' and 'being dogs' your american bulldog killed your bull mastiff

so please dont take the moral ground with me
  13. Roxy

Roxy New Member

Name:
    Roxy
    I see once again Hayley you have evaded the questions about the validity of your dogs breeds.

May I use the title of this thread to ask you the question, "Do YOU know what YOU own?"

I am totally baffled because on another forum I am a member of you (in June) of this year stated that one of your dogs was a Pitbull x Staffy with a licence. Now what I would like to know is do you own 3 Staffys and a Pitbull x or has your imagination taken flight ONCE again?
  14. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    See thats where you and me differ Hayley, from past experience with my breeds I can say things from the heart and have learnt a valuble lesson. It also gives me the right to preach to others about breeding out the very issues you speak of.
  15. Roxy

Roxy New Member

Name:
    Roxy
    hayley, Nicci learnt from 1st hand experience what owning an dog with aggressive genes leads too. Instead of having a go you should be listening to her advise.

Lets be hypothetical say you own a fast car and a law comes out that says all fast cars have to have a limiter fitted to stop them going over 80 mph. You are up in arms saying "its not a fast car with this limiter, it takes away the essence of the car". Along comes Nicci who through bitter experience has crashed and killed someone with a fast car, and is now advocating the limiter. Who do you think has the more clout and will get people to listen to her views, Nicci I think dont you??????

Experience is the key.
  16. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    All of my dogs are un reg roxy so therefor as far as im aware they are staffords!
    I asked on a forum what do you think is in borris but if you look at him you can see he is not a pitbull! Also ive learnt alot about my breed and trying to learn about the apbt
    JUST TO ADD I HARDLY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT DOGS, im a keen learner but i dont learn about bull breeds off of people who dont own bull breeds!

OK roxy nicci is the perfect dog owner, so if you white boxer bit your child or another child, would you

A: Put it to sleep
    B: Give it to your brother, family member etc and allow it to walk around the street to bite another child
  17. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley

hang on ive dont remember ever saying i have a pitbull x staffy with a licence? please could u EMAIL me the link as remember no linking to other forums ......

hayley_bullyworld@yahoo.co.uk

thank you
  18. Roxy

Roxy New Member

Name:
    Roxy
    Hayley on the forum I am talking about you plainly stated you owned a pitbull x staffy. I can very easily copy your posts from that forum if you really want me too (but I doubt very much you will).

As to your question about whether my Boxer or even my Mastiff actually bit anyone then I would have to say it would depend on the circumstances. If my dog/s were pushed into biting another person (highly unlikely because they are well trained and gosh blow me down the aggressive genes have been breed out by good breeders of their breeds, bearing in mind I own 2 dogs that were used in the past to fight) then I would fight tooth and nail to prove my dogs were not at fault and also go back to scratch to retrain the dog. Now as to an unprovoked attack by my dogs then yes I would have my dog PTS.

Nowing more facts than you do about Niccis predicament I can see why she chose her option.
  19. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    well if it would be anyone else roxy im sure you would have slated them
    Nicci should have put to sleep her british bulldog NO MATTER WHAT, if it costs alot, if it was pushed, it mulled her little girls face...... is that right? would u trust that dog around you kids, so where do they walk it? im sure they pass people on the street and yet its ok to risk the fact it could just kill another dog or harm a human or kid

Anyone who think thier american bulldog and bull mastiff would not fight because they are'dogge friends' is beyound me

Dogge friend indeed what a stupid term
  20. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    off topic i know
    but are you proud roxy you own a white boxer? why not just call it a boxer, its like a stafford owner saying i own a blue stafford! Its a stafford for goodness sakes! just like your white boxer is a BOXER
  21. Roxy

Roxy New Member

Name:
    Roxy
    I could give a fig whether shes green, blue, yellow or white. I mention her colour because its an in joke with my friends. At one point I was calling her a snow boxer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.