Does anyone have a recommended grooming routine and/or product for shar peis (brush coat)? Questions

Discussion in 'Shar Pei' started by behinddclouds, May 30, 2021.

1. behinddclouds

behinddclouds New Member

Name:
    Kay

Does anyone have a recommended grooming routine and/or product for shar peis (brush coat)?

Hi everyone, my name is Kay. I have a 7 month old shar pei (brush coat). I wanted to see if anyone had a recommended grooming routine or products for shar peis in particular?

My main concern is, my puppy's fur seems to be quite oily, and I was wondering if anyone might know why?

First off, a bit about my puppy's grooming routine at the moment. He gets bathed every 1-2 months depending on how dirty he gets (he loves to dig and roll around in the dirt sometimes, so the soonest is typical within a month). He gets a wipe down every night before bed with hypoallergenic dog body wipes. And he gets groomed with a grooming glove every day and I use the Kong Zoomgroom every 2-3 days (it's also a rubber brush but with thicker brush).

Diet wise, his daily meal consists 70% kibble, plain cooked chicken, 1 tablespoon of white rice, 1 tablespoon of plain yoghurt, 1/2 a raw carrot (he loves carrots for some reason ahaha).

Every week we give him a salmon belly or a whole freeze dried sardine for his Omega 3 boost.

His fur previously wasn't as oily before so I was getting concerned, especially since the diet has remained pretty much the same (besides from the added tablespoon of rice).

The only thing that changed was the shampoo and conditioner so I wasn't sure if that was the issue? We previously used: Fido's - Puppy and Kitten - Shampoo, and now use: Aloveen Oatmeal Shampoo & Conditioner. We changed to an oatmeal shampoo since he did seem to be itching quite a bit (and the vet recommended it).

I would appreciate any form of comments so thank you in advance for your time!!

It's my first time owning a dog so I get super wary whenever something seems different.

Thank you, everyone!
    - Kay
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!