Does anyone have an Anatolian Shepherd ?? General Chat

Discussion in 'Anatolian Shepherd Dog' started by chicky123, Feb 19, 2011.

1. chicky123

chicky123 New Member

Name:
    Caro

Does anyone have an Anatolian Shepherd ??

Has anyone got an Anatolian Shepherd dog on this site please........

I have a she dog of this breed age nearly 3 years......

Would be nice to interact with someone who has one of these dogs.....

Thank you....:grin:

Sorry she is not a working dog......

Think I have put this post in the wrong place....sorry.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2011
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Hello! :039:

There was someone on the site who has one, but I think she's only been on a handful of times?

Would love to hear more about your Anatolian though, they're a breed I'm a bit nuts about and am seriously considering getting one in a few years time. :D

And pics would be very good! :lol:
  4. chicky123

chicky123 New Member

Name:
    Caro
    We have an Anatolian Shepherd,who we rescued from Battersea last year....

Has anyone else got one on this site I can converse with about ours.....

They Originate from Turkey...they watch/guard sheep, goats, etc...

They do not herd.....She is a softy, lovable, and adorable....she was born in England,she was found on the streets of London,and picked up with one other of her breed by dog wardens.....she is nearly three years old.....

I will try and put up a pix soon.....

Thank you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2011
  5. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    Don't have one, but I do love them. Don't see them too much, but I think they are stunning.
  6. sachenka

sachenka New Member

Name:
    Ian
    Seen them here in Bulgaria known as Karabash, can be a fierce dog although most I have seen here are fed on bread and kept on chains shocking how some nations keep dogs.
    Huge and powerful dogs :grin:
  7. chicky123

chicky123 New Member

Name:
    Caro
    :blush: I am truly sorry I did not get to answer your reply,and I believe I am that same person...
    My Anatolian I have had her now for 18 months,and she is adorable...
    It has been slow going with her as she was a rescue dog...and not ,as we have been told,was not treated very well before being picked up in London on the streets...

We have fed her up,and she now has a clean bill of health,and is coming out of her shell very slowly...we have tried to teach her to play with toys,but she never touches them...but she has learnt to run and play with my OH,who adores her..She also adores him..she use to just bolt to her bed..but now she joins us in any room we are in...She has a bed in each room.
    She does not very much like strange people she does not know in the house,so she will bolt to the bedroom/or the top of the stairs,till they have gone...
    People she knows,she is fine with...She is not a guard dog,she is our lovely pet,who just wants to love and be loved.
    But,remember here we are dealing with a dog who has in the past been ill treated..
    So,if in the future,if you have not already got this breed... I believe it's best to get one from a pup,(female preferably) Our dog is now about 5-6 years old,although the vet is not quite certain...but she is a wonderful loving dog..who is very happy in our company,and very placid.
    But,now she has learnt to trust us,I'm sure she would defend us,if she had to..naturally we do not want her to have to do that...but the instinct would be there..They are usually good with kids,but must be careful with small children as the size of the dog could knock the child over if too excited...We have no children here,so our dog lives a nice quiet life...She loves her long runs/walk with dad twice every day,and she loves to be brushed...she is a very gentle soul,and we adore her...:grin:
    I will try and put a pic up,as soon as I have learnt ,how to do it...:)
  8. chicky123

chicky123 New Member

Name:
    Caro
    Here is our Anatolian Shepherd...Clemmy..

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011
  9. chicky123

chicky123 New Member

Name:
    Caro
    And here is one of my favourites...

[​IMG]
  10. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    She is beautiful!
  11. chicky123

chicky123 New Member

Name:
    Caro
    Thank you Moobli :) ...we think so too..she is of Turkish origin,but was, we were told by Battersea (they believe she was born here in England)...
    I think I should have put her in the Pastoral thread, (sorry about that ) as this breed are bred to watch over sheep and goats up on the hills in Turkey...
    If you Google Anatolian Shepherd Dogs,it will tell you all about them,if anyone wants to read up on the breed...
  12. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Blummin' gorgeous! :049:

And here's another Anatolian, Kesh, needing a new home incase you feel like adding to your pack! Although he's probably gone already as he was posted on the site in May! :lol:

I would have had him in a heartbeat if I'd had the time/space/money! :007:
  13. chicky123

chicky123 New Member

Name:
    Caro
    Hi,pleased you like our Clemmy...hope one day you will be able to have one...:)
  14. DoKhyi

DoKhyi New Member

Name:
    DoKhyi
    Clemmy is a beautiful girl. I love the photo of her at the top of the stairs. How sad that she has been mistreated. Thank goodness she found people like you and your OH to give her the security and love she deserves.

I have a huge soft spot for Anatolians and did consider one as my future dog when I was younger. However, it's the Tibetan Mastiff that stole my heart and came into my life when I was ready. :grin:
  15. chicky123

chicky123 New Member

Name:
    Caro
    Thank you DoKhyi....:)
  16. Bibby

Bibby New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    Anne likes this.
    I live in rural Turkey where we see the Kangals/Anatolians at work. People here tend to call them Kangals. An amount of inbreeding inevitably happens and the result is our dog Muffin who is over 26Kg and tall with dew claws on her back legs. I absolutely adore her but I found her in the middle of the road at about 6 weeks old and she clearly had a bad start in life and is nervy, food aggressive and wary of men and children.

Attached Files:

17. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Stunning photos Bibby - thanks for sharing :)

Sounds like Muffin was very lucky to find you :D
  18. Bonni

Bonni Member

Name:
    Bonni
    Beautiful dogs :007:
  19. Bibby

Bibby New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    Bonni, they are all the same dog. One was the morning after I found her in the road at 4am. The next one she was about 4 months, then the last one she was two and a half. Interesting that her face has got paler as she has grown.
  20. Bibby

Bibby New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    Thanks Azz, Yes I think she was very lucky not to be run over. Sadly the way it is here, dogs are allowed to roam and if they get run over, shot, poisoned, so be it. The attitude seems to be 'Life is cheap'. Its very hard to keep your sanity when you see such terrible things. We have 5 dogs and a cat. All of them are rescues The JRT is from the UK.

Attached Files:

21. Bonni

Bonni Member

Name:
    Bonni
    I can see now, yes .. the colour looked different on my pc. Muffin is beautiful :007: