Does anyone own an Affenpinscher? General Chat

Discussion in 'Affenpinscher' started by MaggieH, Oct 13, 2012.

1. MaggieH

MaggieH New Member

Name:
    Maggie

Does anyone own an Affenpinscher?

I have done extensive research before deciding on this breed. However, I am wondering who has had this breed, now or in the past, and their observations?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. WhichPets

WhichPets New Member

Name:
    WhichPets
    My friend recently got one;
    They are cute little dogs from what I've seen.

Hers has been reasonably easy to train, although slow toileting but how much that is down to her/the breed I dont know.
    He will take as much or as little exercise as is given - she takes him on hour long runs and he seems to enjoy it!

He's friendly with dogs and people, needs a daily brush to stop him matting but a good little dog :)

Dad at one of the breeders we visited:
    [​IMG]

Puppies (6 weeks I think)
    [​IMG]
  4. rough

rough New Member

Name:
    sal
    they are hard to toilet train for some reason.
  5. Jenny

Jenny New Member

Name:
    jenny
    My neighbour breeds these dogs, so I see her walking them daily. They certainly come across as a much bigger dog in a small dog's frame:grin: She often walks them with her Bearded Collies and they keep up with no problem. She also shows them and has done well. Sweet little dogs and naturally she adores them.:grin:
  6. MaggieH

MaggieH New Member

Name:
    Maggie
    I have heard about the toilet training issue but having had/have dachshunds, I don't expect they could be any worse as far as stubborness in that area!:lol: My Pippin is supposed to be on the smaller side. At eight weeks(I think?) right now he is two pounds.
    But I like what I have read about them being big dogs in a little dogs body and being devoted to their owners.
  7. Jenny

Jenny New Member

Name:
    jenny
    Enjoy Pippin - we would all love to see some photos .... please!!:lol: