Dog boots for lurchers Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Matt wood, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Matt wood

Matt wood New Member

Name:
    Matt wood

Dog boots for lurchers

Hi everyone
    Im matt, new to this site. Im in a bit of a quandary. We have a 15 year old lurcher who is suffering with stability on her back legs. We were advised to get some boots (which are more like socks with rubber pads) for her which we did but they are a pain to get on her. The issue we are having is that being a lurcher she has big paws but very slender legs. Can anyone suggest a make brand that can cope with this.
    Any help would be great
    Kind regards
    Matt
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Hi Matt, welcome to the forum.
    Is this lack of stability indoors, and when on smooth floors?
    If so, I don't think the rubber boots are ideal as they dont let the foot breathe. I would be inclined to try Shaws Paw Wax, which has been used for generations of show dogs. There is another product called Mushers Secret which may be more suitable for outdoor use. I can't be certain as I have never used it myself.
    If this is a broken-coated Lurcher, remember to keep the nails and the hair under the foot well trimmed. This will also help to maximise grip.
    IMG_20190304_231522_kindlephoto-616510407.jpg
  4. Matt wood

Matt wood New Member

Name:
    Matt wood
    CaroleC likes this.
    Hi carole
    Thank you for your reply, yes just for indoors, we are hardfloors downstairs, its only for short stints if we are out as im S/employed im around a bit. Buy wow i never new that stuff existed thankyou carole