Dog weeing inside hot weather Questions

Discussion in 'Miniature Pinscher' started by Angus00, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Angus00

Angus00 New Member

Name:
    Gilbert Misson

Dog weeing inside hot weather

Hi folks. we have run into a problem with Delta, During the hot weather she drinks a lot of water & she is weeing in lounge chairs & in her bed, We had her to the vet a couple of weeks ago but they didn't realy know what was going on, no infections from a urine sample, She is much better in the cooler weather & is able to take herself out side. The vet has put her medication for addisions up 1.5 mg which makes her drink a lot more, anyone out there that has had similar issues with their dog. We ar getting a bit desperate as to how to deal with this one, It is becoming quite a job taking her out all the time to wee,
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    This sounds as if it is one for your vet to solve. I can only suggest restricting her to areas that are easily cleaned. When I had an incontinent girl I used old towels for her bedding - easy to throw into the washing machine.
    You can get dog incontinence sheets online. This was suggested by my current girl's breeder when she changed home and was unsettled. They are very cheap, wash easily, and have a warm finish. They worked really well in the car and underneath her fleece bedding.
    I got mine on ebay, there are various colours and sizes. Tally's are grey and green and about 3 feet x 2 feet.
    IMG_20230115_125630.jpg
  4. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Helidale likes this.
    I agree this is something for your vet to figure out. But there is one thing you can do - take her out to go potty more often.

Yes, it is work and an "inconvenience" to take her out more, but she needs it. She's a small dog with a small bladder and she can't hold it as long. So it's up to you to make sure she has plenty of opportunities to relieve herself in the appropriate place. Not giving her those opportunities results in your having to clean up after her inside.
  5. Angus00

Angus00 New Member

Name:
    Gilbert Misson
    Thanks for your advice, I realy appreciate your suggestions, We have put rugs in the chairs & my wife is going to put plastic under the rugs today to stop wetting the chairs & bed. We have been taking her out more often to toilet & she will wee on command. She doesn't seem to know she is weeing & will jump up as soon as she realises she is. She is a great little dog & very spoiled & becaurse of the addisons we keep her away from any stressful situations as much as we can, The vet is the most stressful place for her & she gets the shakes pretty bad when we take her there.
  6. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Helidale likes this.
    If she doesn't realize she's peeing until she goes, then I would take her back to the vet.

It could be many things: injury to the spine, age related incontinence, spay (or intact) related incontinence, etc.
  7. Angus00

Angus00 New Member

Name:
    Gilbert Misson
    Toedtoes and Helidale like this.
    I think we will have a talk to the vet again & see if there is some underlying problems, she is only seven years old which isn't old for a minpin, i will keep you informed .