Dogs who have gone to Rainbow Bridge Rainbow Bridge

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Azz, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

Dogs who have gone to Rainbow Bridge

If you've lost a dog, did you do commission or do anything to remember them by? Perhaps you planted a tree, bought a nice urn or ornament for the ashes?

We got Rocky's ashes, and that helped, but when Rocky's drawing arrived, it felt like he had come home. It now has pride of place in my bedroom :049:

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I put the first photograph I took of Little One as the wallpaper on my computer. I also printed it out and it is framed and hung on the wall in my salon.

[​IMG]

I do not think I could ever change it now.
  4. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    when my mums first westie died 8 years ago of haemophilia she was only 2. We buried her at home and planted a tree. My step dads heart broke and he tends to that tree all the time. Its lucys tree
  5. Imana-Banana

Imana-Banana New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    We have Beaky (Mia) on the window ledge in a doggy shaped wooden urn, my mum says we can put her next to her when she goes o_O
  6. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
    Yep got this done :lol:

[​IMG]
  7. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    My son picked a dog shaped urn for Star's ashes. She now sits beside the fire. I have a large photo framed but don't feel ready to hang it yet :(
  8. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    swimdog, Azz and 6JRT's like this.
    I might get one of Syd and Rio together when I can think straight
  9. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    swimdog and Azz like this.
    When I lost Zara I had a plaque made with a photo of her with a little poem under photo, I have it in a pet cemetery were her ashes are.
  10. swimdog

swimdog Member

Name:
    jackie
    6JRT's and Azz like this.
    My gorgeous Apollo is buried under a weeping willow in our garden, he was my shadow, still miss him so much. S7300920.JPG
  11. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Azz and swimdog like this.
    Brownie is buried in the backyard with a nice, big rock for his headstone. We go back there on his birthdays and on the annual date of his death to drop a few hot dogs (his favorite treat) on his grave.

Made a banner of him when he started getting sick, didn't know what it was at the time, but knew he was always a super healthy dog and I knew he didn't have much time left if he was sick. He died shortly after it was made (you can see the horrible cancer that was invading his face) :(

[​IMG]

Miss my old guy... but life goes on.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I have just found some old copies of the Griffon Bruxellois Breeders Association "Griffon Progress" where I put an obit

[my affix] Griffons
    Bid farewell to our beloved
    Sonata​
    31/10/1973 - 21/12/84
    We loved you dearly and will never forget you
    Thank you for the love and pleasure you gave us
    It was only supposed to be a half page but because they had space they made it a full page, with a beautiful wreath at the top saying "In Loving Memory".

Of all the old photos I have of my Griffons, I cannot find one of Sonata. But I will never forget her - she was such a gentle girl.

13. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I have the ashes of both Sharna (GSD) and Moss (BC)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I keep intending to scatter them both in their favourite places, but then find myself unable to part with them. I have definitely decided though that whenever it is Flame's time to go that I will bury Moss's ashes with her on the hill opposite our cottage. They were best friends and it seems a fitting thing to do.
  14. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    berry, swimdog and 6JRT's like this.
    I have the ashes but can't bring myself to part with them, I can't imagine I will ever scatter them. I decided I would put them in a huge planter with a big specimen plant and that way I would at least be able to take them with me should I move, can't bring myself to do that either yet.
  15. berry

berry New Member

Name:
    dot
    CaroleC likes this.
    I don't know if this is the right thread. But it's been 2 years today that Bracken died, he was 13 years old and had leukemia. He had treatment but it mutated and couldn't get it right.
    IMG_20190115_094148.jpg
    Bracken.jpg
    Got all our boys ashes in the wooden box that they come back in and all 5 are on the sideboard with their picture. Couldn't bring myself to scattering them anywhere.
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    berry and CaroleC like this.
    I know that I have posted this before and I have the large original framed on the wall so I see her face all the time - but oh how I miss her.

[​IMG]
  17. berry

berry New Member

Name:
    dot
    Just taken this all on the sideboard.
    From right to left in order of when they past not age.
    IMG_20190218_071447.jpg
    Bramble, Willow, Moss,Logan and Bracken.
    Willow and Moss went 12 days of each other which was very upsetting.