Entropian Surgery :( please help! Questions

Discussion in 'Shar Pei' started by Erica Holland, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Erica Holland

Erica Holland New Member

Name:
    Erica

Entropian Surgery :( please help!

Hey ya'll :)
    I have a 5yr old bearcoat Shar Pei named Baby. She is the literal cutest little lion / fur hippo / teddy bear. I got her at the Boulder Humane Society after her and a bunch of her family & friends were rescued from a hoarder breeder. All of them were not in the best condition.

She had just had her entropion surgery and been spayed right when I got her, she looked super scary for the first couple weeks before she got her eye stitches out.

Unfortunately, I've noticed her vision has been getting worse and she is acting scared and disoriented and tripping over things, and her eyes have been super goopy and drippy. We went to a few vets and ended up at an animal ophthalmologist, who said we had to do another entropion surgery because the first one was not totally successful.

Does this sound normal? Has anyone else dealt with this, having to redo the surgery? It just makes me so sad to put her through that again. She's my sweet lady and she's been through so much in her previous life, and then the health conditions I've been working with in the aftermath (such as incontinence from having so many puppies). I suppose it's making me emotional and it's crazy expensive so I wanted to make sure I'm not jumping the gun sending her back in for that.

So happy to have found this forum!
    Thank you, everyone!!!

Attached Files:

• Bb2.jpg
      Bb2.jpg
      File size:
      86.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
  4. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Hi Carole

Erica also posted the same question on another forum and I replied that it wasn't unusual and suggested the op be done as soon as possible.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Thank you. Everything OK with you and your dogs I hope.