FDA: Dog Foods & Canine Dilated Cardiomyopathy Diet

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by GsdSlave, Jul 15, 2018.

1. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Perhaps unwisely, I have returned to this thread to see what @CaroleC has to say about my explanation. I am certain that she read it because she read my previous comments and came BACK here on the off topic discussion and tried to make a point to refute my words. Fairly quick to try and make me seem wrong and ignorant (which I am honestly used to), but slow to acknowledge my response to it.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Ouch!
    No reply because I have nothing further to say.
    Any insult you may have perceived was quite unintentional.
    Namaste.
  4. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    You came back here to try and make me seem wrong and "prove a point" but when you could no longer use analogies and examples to make me look wrong, you just pulled out of the thread.

People here constantly try to act like I am extremely unintelligent and that nothing I say makes sense. Maybe it's because everyone is older than me or maybe it's just because of who or what I am.

There's not usually a reason behind it. Same as here. There wasn't a reason for you to come and "make a point". The point wasn't made anyway. I'm not sure how things are done in the UK, but I think I made my point.

If it weren't me who mentioned it, you wouldn't have even said anything in the first place. It's most definitely insulting. I admit that I indeed WAS insulted by the entire thing.

Ignoring what I said/having nothing else to say simply means you can't argue with it, because if it could be argued, same as before, you would have argued with it.

There's no way that I actually made sense. No way. Impossible. I don't even know why I contribute to threads. There's nothing I can possibly teach people 30+ years older than me. Or at least that's how I often feel.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I have always thought I got on well with you Myra, - clearly I was mistaken. I come on here to chat, and to help people, and I really don't have enough time to spend it arguing. All I did was make an observation - not an argument - and I can't see what is wrong with that.
    I have nothing further to say.
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka and Pork1epe1 like this.
    Suffice to say that looking at the 'warnings' and reading between the lines, a diet that has insufficient meat or fish content has minimal taurine and as dogs get their taurine from the meat and fish content it stands to reason that some may suffer.

If the dog has sufficient meat content in their diet, the problem shouldn't arise.

As for the epilepsy question, yes it is a health condition, or more recently categorised as a medical condition, but it doesn't necessarily affect fitness.
  7. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    I feed my two a mainly home cooked diet of meat, poultry, offal, fish and vegetables. They do have canned wet food and kibble, at present Carnilove Duck and Pheasant Grain Free, two or three times a week. It's well known amongst Shar-Pei owners that the breed does not do well on a diet containing grains and many suffer yeast infections of the skin and ears as a result which thankfully Georgina has never had..

As for peas and potatoes they're two things I rarely add when I prepare their vegetables simply because there are peas in the kibble, and I've never given potatoes to my dogs, apart from the occasional left over spoonful from my own meal.

Both dogs are now 5 years old and in excellent health. Over the past 5 years Gwylim has only been to the vet once every year for his Rabies vaccination and booster jabs. Georgina as most people know suffered from entropion for the first year of her life, Since then, apart from having a UTI a couple of years ago, like Gwylim she only goes to the vet once a year for her vaccinations.