Find the good family Questions

Discussion in 'Alaskan Malamute' started by Jonathan1977, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Jonathan1977

Jonathan1977 New Member

Name:
    Jonathan

Find the good family

Hi, we need to find a new family for our Alaskan Malamute. We found that our son is allergic to dogs. We found 2 great family but i need some advice which one would be the best.

family 1 : Dont have dogs or children. They live on a farm so they are always at home. Had a dog who died a year ago and they gave him alot of attention and love.

family 2 : They have young children and 2 big dogs (around 100 pounds). The mother stay at home and there's a lake next to the house. The backyard is very big. The mother know alaskan malamute and is aware how to train them to act kindly with her children. She always wanted a malamute.

Id like to have you advices which family you think is the best with the informations i gave.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Have you contacted the breeder that should be first priority?

Its impossible for anyone to advise, they are not the easiest of breeds, all I can suggest is that you visit Prospective owners ask lots of questions and see what conditions the dog will be living in, can they give the training and exercise he will need.

You don’t mention how old he is, will the other dogs get along with him/her and vice versa.
  4. Jonathan1977

Jonathan1977 New Member

Name:
    Jonathan
    Thank you for your advices. My dog is 4 months and the other dogs 2 and 5 yo. All males. I asked them many questions and i think we will go with the family #2.
  5. Boerboel

Boerboel New Member

Name:
    Misty
    It sounds like you chose a good place for your pup to go. I wish him luck. I'm very sorry you had to re-home him. Both families sounded good, but 2 sounded just a bit better.
  6. Mish9101

Mish9101 New Member

Name:
    Mish
    I think family one. The dog will have plenty space to run around and and as they lost there previous dog they will get attached fast as alaskan malamute require a lot of attention and the dog will like it.

But it depends on the people and what they are like.. There age etc?
  7. Mish9101

Mish9101 New Member

Name:
    Mish
    It's your choice sorry you have to remove your dog