Food again Diet

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, May 4, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Food again

With just four chunks of turkey necks and four or five chicken wings left in Pereg's freezer, and Friday being a good day as the poultry stall would be closing until Sunday, when I think fresh poultry will be in, I telephoned to order 2 kilos of turkey necks cut up in thirds or quarters, and 2 kilos of chicken wings. My usual order.

Mikhaël's son delivered them and I will pack individually probably Sunday and for the moment everything is in my refrigerator but...

...Mikhaël also sent me a chicken as a present for Shabbat.

How nice can some people be when you do not expect it.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    For all the bad people in this World of ours, there are also the good folks who look out for each other.

You have plenty of good people in your neck of the woods, Juli. Something to be thankful for x
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Chris, if you only knew... I have lived on this Moshav for about 23 years now and it still amazes me how good people are. There is an unspoken saying that [name of Moshav] looks after its own. And yes, every day I am grateful for living here and for the lovely people on the Moshav.

I did not need a chicken for Shabbat - just wanted food for Tikva although I do use some to cook for myself - slow cookers being worth their weight in gold at times, and of course the poultry from Mikhaël and Tirtza's stall/store in the shuk is strictly Kasher, but for Mikhaël to send me a chicken? I do not have a cooker but I do have a large "toaster oven" so it went in there! Very successfully!

It is nice. They live just a few houses up the road from me and usually Mikhaël delivers on his way home although their son has brought things a few times.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka likes this.
    It sounds like our little village, Juli. Since moving here, I've been wonderfully surprised by the (now old fashioned) neighbourliness. Everyone keeps an eye on each other and is happy to help each other out. It's so different here to other places we've lived and it's a good 'different'.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    He has done it again. On a Thursday? I had telephoned asking for two kilos of turkey necks, two kilos of chicken wings, and two kilos of turkey livers, assuming that Mikhaël would deliver tomorrow when they close up for Shabbat.

Gone half past nine Tikki woke up from her zonk on the couch as she heard someone park outside - Mikhaël had turned up. I have no idea what he charges me but he just asked for 100 Shekalim [just over £20] for what I had ordered, and what I had owed him [he is always in a rush and it is "pay me next time"] for the ox lung his son brought me last week.

And with another chicken for Shabbat as a gift - I have no idea why.

I first found about their stall in the shuk when I changed Pereg onto raw, mid 2011 I think, not knowing that Mikhaël and Tirtza lived just a few homes away from me. And not so long ago I found out that a young woman I see frequently at the macolet is married to one of their sons.

Sometimes I wish I did not raw feed as packing and freezing takes time, and it requires knowledge as to what supplements and extra vitamins are needed - and it used to be so easy to just put a measure of kibble in a bowl. But I could not change it now.
  7. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    He brought you the gift because he wanted to, Juli and it makes him feel good. He will probably get more satisfaction and enjoyment out of the giving than you will of the receiving (even though I imagine you feel very loved when someone gives so generously).
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Chris, had it been on a Friday when the shuk closes early I could understand why maybe he has a chicken or some left over? I have no idea what he charges me but I do know that I owed him for ox lung and fishies - the usual "pay me next time".

Oh well the chickie flippers have been packed and are are frozen and are now in Pereg's freezer, the gobble section necks are now packed and are in ThreeBees being frozen - and I still wonder why I have the energy to raw feed. I just have to look at little Tikki to know why.

Did changing to raw feeding help Pereg. Maybe it did, maybe it did not. But Tikki has only been raw fed since she was weaned, that is the way I feed.

And my shabbat chicken is now in my little toaster oven, with a load of garlic!