Get 2 pups 1 will be ready Saturday other 2 weeks later General Chat

Discussion in 'Akita' started by Rugby1983, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    This is the parents to my bitch
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    And most important both sets of parents have been brought up around children also the puppies are being brought up around children also
  4. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    You say that you are a sportsman and only work 3 hours a day. I’m co
    I’m curious, you say you are a professional sportsman, does this mean you play a sport for a living? In what country? If so what sport? And if this is the case and you can afford to only work 3 hours a day than walking away from 300 pounds shouldn’t be that much of a burden... And I’d say that it’s really unfortunate that that breeder isn’t willing to be more flexible being as they should have warned you against getting both at once with a newborn on the way.. that sounds like a greedy breeder to me...
  5. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    Im a pro rugby player I'm from England I get 60k a year
  6. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    Not money mate i just think we can do it im not a quitter I got more patients than most and also time
  7. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Rugby1983 likes this.
    Wasn’t asking how much you earn but seems like it wouldn’t be too much of a burden for you to walk away from your deposit... but despite all of us highly highly suggesting you only get one right now you seem to have your heart and mind set on getting them both now.. I wish you luck with that (if you don’t decide to walk away from your deposit...). You are going to be busy and have your hands full but hopefully you will be able to manage. Find a good trainer who is familiar with the breed and take training classes. Try and get your dogs socialized with other dogs too.

I must say as a guy that I’m jealous that you get to play a sport for a living.. My male dogs name is Bandit, which is the name of my Beer League ice hockey team (adult recreational team). I played as a child and still play as a 53 year old. Well I didn’t play this summer because of a knee issue but I’m doing physical therapy and hope to be back on the ice in a few months!! I still joke that I’m trying to figure out what I want to do for a living since becoming a professional hockey player didn’t happen... (I’m 5ft 8 inches and 150 lbs so it just wasn’t in the cards...). I’m a carpenter and have the day off but still woke up early today but am going to see if one of the dogs wants to snuggle and hopefully fall back asleep
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    What health tests were done ?
    Am I correct in that the breeders own both the sire and dam?
  9. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    Lol yes I am lucky but I'm not in the big money yet I still hope too be the trainer thing is a good idea and I know it's going too be hard but not impossible like my bro dogs are 5 months different in age and they get on absolutely fine and he got 2 young kids also I hope we can stay in contact with each other and still help me out along the way as you seem to know a lot about akitas hope you have a nice day or night in England it's 14:20 here
  10. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    Hip dysplasia both of them have bin checked bye vet and all other checks from both breeders I am getting them off
  11. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    Yes both have mum and dad as family pets
  12. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    7F0D1407-593F-45CC-9CF9-86A26A64B75F.jpeg This is a cautionary tale.. This is a picture of bandit in an isolation room at the vets. I picked him up at the airport and 12 hours later he was at the emergency vets in the middle of the night with parvovirus. He was there for 8 very expensive days and he barely survived.. I could only look at him through a window. We didn’t know if he’d survive until the day they sent him home with me. Please resist the temptation to take your dogs out until they have all their shots and have built up immunity.
  13. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    Yes I know about not let them out till they have there 12 weeks jabs . Are they allowed in the garden tho ?
  14. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Sorry but a vet cannot tell if they have HD, dogs have to be x-rayed which is submitted to a panel to be graded.

I'm afraid my idea of a reputable breeder differs from yours, these are what I would call BYB.
  15. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Yes absolutely in your garden. I’ve been under the impression that they are not safe from parvo until 16 weeks but have heard others say it’s earlier.. your vet will be able to advise you
  16. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    When he says checked he might mean X-rayed . It is the same here the X-rays get submitted to a panel for review in order to be akc.

Both of mine are AKC with health certification but that still doesn’t mean they are a good or ethical breeder, just means the parents past the necessary tests..
  17. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    For me a reputable breeder is somebody who strives to improve the breed, breeds only from quality stock,plans mating’s ,does relevant health checks, screens homes carefully, provides support for owners if needed and isn’t in it just for the money.

BYB -Breeds family pets or dogs of same breed, has no concern for breed improvement no official health tests Ect:
    Doesn't screen buyers and seldom refuses to sell, even if buyer is unsuitable.
  18. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    Yes I mean x rayed