Getting bigger!! General Chat

Discussion in 'Shar Pei' started by Karen87, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Karen87

Karen87 Member

Name:
    Karen
    Didn't manage to get Chester weighed yesterday due to the horrible weather. When we do I'll keep you posted
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Hi Karen and the handsome Chester.

I tend to agree with Carole in that he'll probably have gained around another half kilo!

I know what you mean about being stubborn. Although she's much better Georgina still gets attacks of "cloth ear syndrome" from time to time when she'll completely ignore me. Her favourite trick is to walk straight past me with her head turned away pretending she can't see me!

Pei are definitely funny dogs!

4. Karen87

Karen87 Member

Name:
    Karen
    As soon as we manage to get him to pets at home I'll be letting you know what the outcome is.
    Going to try putting his treats in a glass jar see if the louder noise peaks his interest. I'll soon see haha!
    He is such a lovely boy just a pain in the back side with the coming in from outside. I love him really!
    Decided he wanted all his toys out together today too. Well all the ones that squeak anyway haha!

Attached Files:

5. Karen87

Karen87 Member

Name:
    Karen
    Tried to get them in order but I give up haha! Thought you all might like to see how much mama's little (or not so little now) has grown!!

Attached Files:

6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Amazing how many different colours he appears to be in different lighting conditions.
  7. Karen87

Karen87 Member

Name:
    Karen
    Definitely @CaroleC. The one in the garden was one that the breeder sent us before we even met him!! ♥️
  8. Karen87

Karen87 Member

Name:
    Karen
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Chester weighs a whopping 20.9kg!! Been on a play date with his brother and sister today. Bit of male tension between Chester and buddy. All in all a good day!!

Attached Files:

9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Wow. That is a jump in a month!
    The prize goes to Malka for being the nearest.
  10. Karen87

Karen87 Member

Name:
    Karen
    I know @CaroleC I was surprised too. Over 2kg!! It's crazy how much he's gained but he's not appearing to be over weight though, so I'm thinking he's just a big boy!! ♥️
  11. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Seems very much like it! How old is he now?

I found Georgina stopped putting on weight around the 9/10 month mark a only grew a little taller. Don't forget that Pei are a fast growing breed and considered adult at 12 months old.

How's his training coming on? Is he still being stubborn as only a Pei can be? Georgina's being ultra good at the moment and coming in at night without being asked although I don't expect it to last much longer once the weather gets warmer!

Pei playing can be quite horrific to watch. Most of them would be a credit to the England Rugby Team the way they tackle. Or a bulldozer on a demolition site! Gwylim's quite used to her and has the advantage that he can run considerably faster, and although she's actually very gentle with him, if I feel she's getting a bit too OTT, I tell her to "leave him" and then distract them both with something else.

Sounds though that your doing a great job with young master Chester!

Best wishes from us all in a dank dismal and very muddy Hungary.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Ahem, well I did say plus or minus whatever - seems like dat doggie is more like plus than minus.
  13. Karen87

Karen87 Member

Name:
    Karen
    Chester is now 6 months and 11 days the whole week thing has gone out the window haha!
    He's a chunky monkey!! All the more for us to love. ♥ He's now bigger than his older half sister too!
    Accidents are near enough non existent. Commands are spot on. Recall still a big of an issue but biscuits in a jar seems to be peaking his interest for the time being.
    It wasn't a big deal really don't think his brother has much contact with other male dogs so he was trying to show who was boss. His sister took a bit of time to assess Chester but then she was very playful. Love watching them all together.

Attached Files:

14. Karen87

Karen87 Member

Name:
    Karen
    Me and Mummy went for a long walk along the canal a couple of days ago! Boy, was I sleepy after!! Loved watching the ducks and splashing through every puddle I saw!!
    Lots of sleepy cuddles with daddy once I'd been cleaned down.

Attached Files:

15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Is it difficult getting the grit out of wrinkles? My Beags are so grimy at present. We have a splash in the pond to wash the grit away, but it's back again by the time we reach the car.
  16. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Dear Chester - Glad you enjoyed your walk by the canal. Even better though, is actually going in the canal. Because then you can shake yourself all over your people and make them smell of canal, and also the house smells of canal and it's lovely. Love, Pepe the Poodle.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
  17. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Karen87 likes this.
    Sorry to crash your post
    but after Janet's post i cant reply as its all blank.
    OK after posting this its gone back to normal
    Bl##dy Gremlins :lol:
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Karen87 likes this.
    Well you can if you keep scrolling down. And down. And down. And down.
  19. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Karen87 likes this.
    I don't know what happened to my post. Sorry about that. Hope it doesn't happen with this one!
  20. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Well that one was OK. I shouldn't have let Pepe on the computer, blame him.
  21. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Pepe obviously had a long story to tell ;)