Hello Everyone, Introductions

Discussion in 'Your Introductions' started by Mik, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Mik

Mik New Member

Name:
    Mikayla

Hello Everyone,

Hello, my name is Mikayla I'm new to this forum. I have one pit bull mix mutt named Rocko. He's an absolute sweet heart and I couldn't ask for a more gentle dog with a great temperament. I really joined this forum to learn more about the Italian greyhound breed as I have been wanting one for about three years now and I just want to soak up as much information on the breed that I can before I make a move and get one (I'm still thinking it will be another year before I make a move). I'm not worried about my dog with a small fragile dog like an iggy due to his gentle demeanor. I've had rats in the past and brought in a couple stray cats that I've fostered in the past as well, and I've never seen him have an issue with smaller animals. He's quite well behaved. But that's why I'm hear. :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Chris B likes this.
    I would say that a Pit Bull and an Italian is not an ideal mix. Nothing to do with your boy's temperament, I'm sure he is a sweetheart or you wouldn't be considering it. What would worry me is the great difference in body type and weight, and the fragility of the long bones in the IG. So many opportunities for accidental collision, when they share the same house. I would seek the opinion of a couple of IG breeders before deciding to take the plunge.