Hello Pastoral Owners General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by maplecottage, Jan 28, 2006.

1. maplecottage

maplecottage New Member

Hello Pastoral Owners

It's been a while since we've last posted in the section so thought I might pop along and ask how all your dogs are getting on, any latest news, or photos?

I'd start the ball rolling but my camera has finally croaked. Fern is great with the exception of his hind leg which the vet can't seem to work out what's wrong with it, have to wait until he's older to be tested apparently other than this he's good as gold. Would love to see the latest of your lovely dogs.

Talk to you soon.

x
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BrandieSnap

BrandieSnap New Member

Name:
    Suzie
    Hello maplecottage, hello all other pastoral owners :grin: :grin: I've just noticed that the club section has moved :roll:

Sorry about fern's leg, I hope they find out what's wrong. And I hope you get a working camera before he grows too big and unrecogniseable ;-) ;-)

Brandie is not too well at the moment :-( But hopefully that will be cleared up soon.
    Here are a couple of pictures from the end of last year:

Trying to be invisible:
    [​IMG]

And just posing for me:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't wait to see everyone's dogs again. I hope they are all doing ok :)
  4. maplecottage

maplecottage New Member

Hi Brandie

We saw a brandie type dog just like yours on our walk today!

Sorry to hear she isn't well, hope she feels better soon.

Need to buy a new camera although I think we've missed the last of the puppy photos, Fern is weighing approx 40kgs and has lost his puppy look - had to happen sooner or later, I'm quite glad he is looking like an adult now though.

Great photos, poor girl hiding. Big hugs to her!
  5. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Hiya Everyone

Lovely photos :) Hope both Brandie and Fern are better soon.

Here are a few pics of my two. Moss is nearly 12 months old now and has grown to be almost as tall as Flame!! He is a very laidback chap and he and Flame are best buddies :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kirsty
  6. BrandieSnap

BrandieSnap New Member

Name:
    Suzie
    Great photos Moobli :grin:
    They both look stunning, it's good to see them again :grin:
  7. Snorri the Priest

Snorri the Priest New Member

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    Sorry, I have no new pics of my pair of terrorists! I'll keep the digicam handy for the next few days, though!

I can't help worrying about Kali, though - he is nearly 12 now, and, i suppose, in his "twilight years". Apart from being slightly deaf (I think), he isn't showing any real signs of imminent demise, but, every night, when I say goodnight, I can't help wondering if he'll be there tomorrow :cry: It seems like only the other day that he accepted my invitation to come and live here - where does the time go?

Between the day I met him, and the day he actually came (four weeks), I used to rig up Mrs S by stamping my foot like a little kid, saying "I want my puppydog!" Even now, I call him "Puppydog", as if that will somehow hold back time.

I'd better stop posting now - this is not making me feel good!

Snorri
    :cry:
  8. wufflehoond

wufflehoond

Name:
    XXXXX
    Awww...Snorri, I'm sure he's not ready to leave you yet! Sounds like he's still fit and well. I know it's difficult not to think about it. Hope you're feeling better today [​IMG]
  9. wufflehoond

wufflehoond

Name:
    XXXXX
    Well as requested, here is the little madam:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. wufflehoond

wufflehoond

Name:
    XXXXX
    Sorry folks, don't know what happened to those last pics, photobucket's fighting this morning.

Try this one.

[​IMG]
  11. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Awwww Snorri - try not to think like that :-( Collies are tough little blighters and are a generally healthy and long-lived breed, so Kali could be with you for a long time to come yet :grin:

Group hug!
  12. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Gorgeous! :) Cassie looks lovely, as ever.
  13. BrandieSnap

BrandieSnap New Member

Name:
    Suzie
    Aww, poor Snorri :-( Try not too worry to much. It sounds like he's still full of life :grin: And you've given him a great life :grin:

Cassie looks beautiful there wuffle :)
  14. wufflehoond

wufflehoond

Name:
    XXXXX
    Thank you Moobli and Brandie[​IMG]
  15. Snorri the Priest

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    My vet tells me that in his experience, Orkney farm collies tend to live to be 12-14 (my AOL online ex-vet pal tells me that's rubbish, 19 is not unheard of). My first BC boy was over 19 (never knew exactly, he was a rescue, and a very, very lucky one :roll: ) and I hope to be posting pics one day, of Kali's 20th birthday!

It's just that he is obviously BEGINNING to show the weight of his years (sleeping a lot more, not so quick to respond, etc.) - but no obvious infirmities other than a touch of non-selective deafness.

At least, the vet tells me Kali is "on the right track". He doesn't have a hard life like his working Orkney counterparts, and there is always an eye kept on him. In his case, it was definitely "love at first sight' - he has been the apple of my eye since I saw him first, in late May 1994.

Then [​IMG] and now [​IMG]

One of the two bright stars at the centre of my universe.

Snorri
    :smt049
  16. maplecottage

maplecottage New Member

Rest in peace little Brandie, we will miss you very much.

Thank you Brandiesnap for sharing her with us in the pastoral group - she was a beautiful loving dog that I know you will miss deeply.

Sleep now beautiful girl, the pain is now gone. May the memories of your wonderful girl continue to give you strength over this painful time.

All our love Brandiesnap.

:cry:

17. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty

He is stunning Snorri - such a cute pup and, wow, what a handsome adult. I hope Kali is with you for many more years to come.
  18. Snorri the Priest

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    He has been told - "STAY!"

Snorri
    :lol:
  19. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    :) Snorri
  20. BrandieSnap

BrandieSnap New Member

Name:
    Suzie
    Thankyou maplecottage for the lovely post. Sorry I missed it when you first posted. xx