Help me identify the breed please! ID this breed/mix

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by maecstroh, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Strangechilde

Strangechilde New Member

Name:
    Strangechilde
    Wow, that face! It's so very collie! But he has such an extraordinary colour-- I bet he looks amazing under the light of a sunset.

He does look a little like some collie/hound crosses I have met: the long legs, the fuzzy ears, the light eyes. I still wouldn't rule out Husky, though the colour suggests otherwise. But who knows! Looking at him I would suspect he probably will be pretty tall, but not too huge. A lean dog, built for running. H'll probably want a lot of exercise once his bones are up to it!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. maecstroh

maecstroh New Member

Name:
    Matt
    Another thing is that his coat is a bit misleading in that it can look a bit wiry and very thick but is the naturally softest coat I think I've had since I had my purebred golden retriever growing up. We are just curious as to how big he might get. He isn't very tall and is a bit short in length but I feel like he is due to explode (figuratively speaking of course) soon based on his possible breeds and growth rate. At 16 weeks I believe he was at 22 lbs and at 6-7 months he is at about 40 lbs. I don't expect him to be too large, I'm just curious.
  4. Strangechilde

Strangechilde New Member

Name:
    Strangechilde
    Coats change as puppies grow, particularly for double-coated dogs, as it looks like your wee guy might well have (you'll have a top coat with long or wiry hairs, and a very fine undercoat with short, downy hair, often of a completely different colour). In some dogs, the full double coat won't develop until they're a year or two old. And it can be really soft-- our Akita is the softest dog I've ever known! He's... so... sooooooooooft...

Bear in mind that bigger dogs grow more slowly. A Jack Russell may be about as big as they're going to be by the time they're 8 months old, whereas it took our Malamute cross 3 years to reach his full size. With a mystery mix, you never really know until you get there. Whatever happens, he is stunning.
  5. maecstroh

maecstroh New Member

Name:
    Matt
    Well I appreciate everyone's input! I'll post back in another six months or if we hit a milestone. In the meantime I'll provide a few more pictures of Logan that were taken in between the two sets of photos I provided earlier. Just to help with any skepticism or compulsive urges to pinch ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Gemini54

Gemini54 New Member

Name:
    jacquie
    Hi He looks like a husky,but his coat looks like a chow,they are known as teddy bears because of their coat,but then again Huskies have a similar coat.But it really doesnt matter what he is,as long as he is happy and healthy and brings you happiness Welcome to Dogsey Gemini54