Hi we’re new here General Chat

Discussion in 'Akita' started by Brianna&IrieTheAkita, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Brianna&IrieTheAkita

Brianna&IrieTheAkita New Member

Name:
    Bri

Hi we’re new here

I’m Bri!! Hi ya’ll. I have a wonderfully dispositioned female Akita named Irie that I’m hoping to find a stud for. She is my pride and joy and the best dog I’ve ever had. Akita love is unlike any other I’m not sure if this kind of post is allowed here so please correct me if so. We are located in Nj, also not far from DE and parts of PA. Xx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Hi Bri, Welcome. Do you have any pics you can post of Irie? Nice name by the way. So I’m curious why you want to breed your dog. I hope you don’t take what follows the wrong way. Do you show your dog? Have you done all the appropriate tests and xrays to have your dog be AKC certified as a dog that is healthy and meets or exceeds the breed standards for Akitas? Are you in a position to be able to take back a puppy or a dog if it doesn’t work out with a particular home? This, imo, is very important if you are going to embark on this path, and one of the reasons I chose not to. Just because you have a dog with good temperament, or good looks doesn’t mean that you should breed her. Just my opinion, and I kept it shorter than usual.
  4. Brianna&IrieTheAkita

Brianna&IrieTheAkita New Member

Name:
    Bri
    Hi thanks for responding, first of all I love the username!. A big part of my want to breed Irie is so that I can have a part of her with me forever. She has been with me through it all and has changed my life in the best way. She is not a show dog but she has an extensive family history of dogs in show. I would like to get all of the appropriate testing done but wasn’t sure how to go about finding a stud so I figured I would start by seeing if the interest was there, l I do see how that goes hand in hand. I would most definitely put a contract in place to ensure any pups return to us rather than winding up in a shelter or the hands of someone who doesn’t have the experience to keep an Akita. I would require that all pups be spayed/ neutered as well as thorough applications including vet checks, references, breed knowledge and home checks. Here is a photo of my baby girl! 38E3051D-E36C-4C23-A1AB-C0BE2104E4BE.jpeg .