Hi! Introductions

Discussion in 'Your Introductions' started by AprilPearl, Nov 8, 2019.

1. AprilPearl

AprilPearl New Member

Name:
    Maggie

Hi!

I’m going to look at a white female Pomeranian puppy on Sunday. She looks beautiful in pictures so I strongly suspect that I might end up being a dog owner soon! Thought I’d sign up here and say hi just in case.

Didn’t know how to upload pictures so I made a picture of her that th3 breeder sent me my profile picture.

Any ideas for names?

Also, does anyone know how to sign up to the dogsey forum? I wanted to make an account there too but when I tried I was told I needed a registration token which I could get by clicking on the ‘contact us’ link. When I clicked on the ‘contact us’ link I came to a contact form which I could not submit without a registration entry code - and I was told that I would need to request this code by pressing the ‘contact us’ link but of course one cannot contact them without first having a registration entry code which one can only get by contacting them!
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    @Carole Are you able to deal with the Dogsey query above?
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Hi Maggie, welcome to the forum. I'm sure that the perfect name will come to you when you meet your puppy. Maybe you need to decide on the type of name first, a human name, a novelty name, or a descriptive name. I never used to use human names for my dogs, but over the years human names seem to have become the norm, and I have used human names for four out of my last eight dogs.
    You will see that I have alerted a mod to your Dogsey problem. If Carole doesn't know, she will know someone who does.
    I don't want to be a misery, but make sure that you see your puppy with its mother. It pays to be careful following up on online adverts. I'm not saying all of these breeders are bad ones, but do be aware that there are puppy farmers and dog dealers out there.
  5. AprilPearl

AprilPearl New Member

Name:
    Maggie
    CaroleC likes this.
    @CaroleC thank you very much with your help re Dogsey! Pup is definitely with her mother and I have also spoken with the owner of the pup’s father! Both parents seem to be from very good lines, the breeder appears to be trustworthy and experienced and the pup will be KC registered. All looks good to me

Apparently she’s being referred to as Princess currently. I’m almost tempted to keep that but I can’t picture myself calling “Princess” across the park!
  6. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    CaroleC likes this.
    I think registrations have to be done manually due to problems with spammers and only admin can do them.

Will see if I can do anything.
  7. Ruckus

Ruckus New Member

Name:
    Cheryl
    Hi All! I'm Cheryl. I have 2 female Doberman Pinschers. Ruckus is a 10 month old German Pinscher. Anyone else have a GP? I'd love to talk to you!