Hot dogs Health

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by 6JRT's, Jun 24, 2014.

1. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    GsdSlave and Azz like this.

Hot dogs

Came across this showing just how hot pavements can get & how dogs paws are getting burnt by going walkies in heat of the day,

600846_527053824017393_1007262720_n.jpg

10406951_725718284135868_567625885808959628_n.jpg

Burnt dog paw
    100_1193.jpg

Hot weather first aid
    HOT-WEATHER-PET-FIRST-AID.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Very good advice there Tina :023:

I think that dogs here and in other hot countries either get immune to the heat of pavements and roads or maybe their paws grow extra hard skin, but I never take Pereg far each time we go out - sooner two or three short runs than one extended one, and unfortunately there are not many grassy areas around. Even those need a road trot to get to and the tractor paths are worse, with no shade anywhere.
  4. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    6JRT's likes this.
    It's easy here to avoid hot pavements but finding a shady place to walk is an entirely different matter as they're few and far between and temperatures here in summer are around 35C.
  5. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    6JRT's likes this.
    Good info there Tina - way too many people go out when it's too hot!
  6. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    6JRT's likes this.
    Ouch! I know how painful it is to walk on sand if it's really hot so it must be the same for dogs on pavements.

Two of mine are sun worshippers and love lying out in the sun in the garden. After a while though I always insist they come in - particularly the Chihuahua puppy (though I suppose if they come from Mexico they are used to the heat!). Pepe the poodle is the only one who has the sense to lie in the shade.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Pereg flonked outside for about ten minutes earlier and then came in, where she has been ever since [except for very brief pee/poo breaks].

She is not daft - the air-con is on plus one of the tower fans in front of which she is now flonked! :D
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Well I bought a dyson fan but not been able to get anywhere near it as there are 6 dogs & 3 cats are hogging it
  9. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    swimdog and 6JRT's like this.
    Gosh its been hot here, i just take mine out early and late, Kyra's a real sun worshiper, whereas Heiko hates it ,he lies in hallway where its nice and cool.
    Lots of holiday makers here and poor dogs are being dragged around everywhere.
  10. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    swimdog likes this.
    I walk my lot now around 5-6am & they get walked again around 11pm they are in the doggies paddling pool in garden rest of the time.
    I tried the egg test & yes you can cook a egg on the pavement - not sure the council will be impress when they come to sweep the pavements & find a egg struck to it :D
  11. swimdog

swimdog Member

Name:
    jackie
    6JRT's likes this.
    What sensible advice Tina, lots of people don't think about dogs poor paws. We don't have pavements only lanes so Zack is lucky.