How can I run out of freezer space? Diet

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

How can I run out of freezer space?

I always had enough for Pereg's food even though I had to buy a 4 drawer freezer for her. I buy fresh, pack and freeze in the two large freezing sections of ThreeBees and he is one very large freezer.

Most things for Pereg were bought in 4 kilos of whatever. Tiddler Tikki Tikva gets in 2 kilos of whatever.

So when she asked me for her breakfast this morning there were no chicken wings and only a few turkey necks [cut in halves] in Pereg's freezer. One drawer full of turkey livers and turkey hearts [all packed individually. one draw full of ox lung, and one full of turkey gizzards.

And the large bottom drawer had two frozen chicken wings and maybe half a dozen turkey necks.

PANIC - I am going to starve that little bubba, so a quick order for chicken wings and [half] turkey necks have now been ordered.

But - but - if Tiki eats only a fraction of what Pereg did, how come there was not enough in Pereg's freezer?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Did you have food stocked up on there and have been feeding it? Which would account for eventually running out.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Not really. What I call ThreeBees [because he is Big, Beautiful, and the make is Bloomberg I think] is my large upright freezer. The lower five sections have drawers, two of which are double size, and the drawers are for my food, and yes, I do buy in bulk but only stock up when things get low and/or there are special offers.

The top two sections do not have drawers and they are for fast freezing when set on it. I used to buy Pereg's meat by maybe 4 kilos, and her chicken carcasses/backs in 10 kg. But carcasses/backs, even broken in half, are too big for Tikki, who has either a frozen chicken wing or half a turkey neck for her brekkie.

But even after all this time I still forget that 2 kg of various meats take up a lot of space in Pereg's freezer, which will always be known as that because I bought it for her.

So I telephoned and ordered 2 kg of chickie flappers [wings] and 2 kg of turkey necks, but they forgot to cut the necks in half so had to come back again yesterday with another 2 kg and take the others away. No problem, they sell a lot and it is all fresh as it is human food.

Not a problem as I still do not have enough freezer space...
    :mad: