How did you choose you dogs name? General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by arctic.wolf, Jan 4, 2008.

1. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison

How did you choose you dogs name?

Our dogs have had some trad names, we have had Max, lab x springer, Tommy rescue BC already named, and so on

but have any of you got any strange ways you decided on your dogs name

We had Patrick, black and white BC that my eldest son named after his new black and white football boots, so he could have been reebok or nike lol

how did you choose your dogs name ?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. kirstya72

kirstya72 New Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    When Molly's litter was born I had originally been waiting for a liver/white bitch that I was planning to call Ruby:lol: but when I went to see them there was just something about her that none of her litter sisters had. There were 4 livers and 3 blacks and we chose each other.
    I was then left without a name as OH insisted that we couldn't call her Ruby. My kids squabbled for ages and eventually settled on Molly.

Charlie just looked like a cheeky Charlie but it does cause some confusion as she is a she not a he:lol: :lol:

My last lab had the most enormous paws as a pup and my dad said he has feet like a navvy so he ended up being called Paddy;-)

We also had a BC called Kelly when I was growing up named by my mother after a TV prog apparantly.
  4. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    I love the Paddy one lol, and Charlie you are not alone, my sister has a lab (bitch) called Jeffrey, after Jerffrey Archer for same strange reason.
  5. CLMG

CLMG New Member

Name:
    Christine
    Jack is rescue and came with his name, apparantly named after his previous owners favourite tipple, Jack Daniels, so he sometimes gets called J D as well :grin:
  6. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no
    Archie, my boyf picked it, he wanted to call our first born son Archie (when we have kids) i asid 'erm...no!' so i let him have it for the dog!!

who i actually just call Roggie Doggie or Smelly most of the time! :D :D
  7. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    Well Moon has a very pale blue, almost white eye, plus I loved the song bad Moon Rising, so thats his kennel name and Moon for short, Yumyum was yummilicious as a baby and it stuck lol:grin:
  8. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    We named Fudge after her mum. We adopted Fudge from a rescue and her mum was still there. She had raised a litter of 11 pups on the streets of Manchester in December. We reckoned such a super mum needed remembering.
  9. nero

nero New Member

Name:
    denis
    Our big Newfie Nelson is a water dog, so I named him after Admiral Lord Nelson.

The rotties, as they are from Roman times are named after the two emperors, Nero and Caesar,

Smeags is short for Schmeagol, the character from lord of the rings,

And Mea was already named by Shona.
  10. Heidi1

Heidi1 New Member

Name:
    Jill
    Skye was named after the Isle of Skye where we go a lot. We were considering calling him Storm, which would have suited his personality better I think.
  11. goblygouck

goblygouck New Member

Name:
    Steph
    Barton was named becaus simply we couldnt decided on a name and we we were standing in front of a statue of edmund Barton when one of my daughters just saw it and sugested Barton