Huskamute? Why? Controversial

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by random, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    You're SO cruel!!!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Sosha

Sosha New Member

Name:
    Sosha
    Ah... in that case I had a NotQuite JRT Bra this morning. Somehow the dog car blanket had managed to get into the washing machine load. :roll:
  4. crthompson23

crthompson23 New Member

Name:
    Carrie
    First for all... I have a purebred sibe that mated with my purebred mal and the puppies not only came out beautiful, but also carry the stamina that the husky has as well as the strength from the mal. I am a lover of both breeds and by accident managed to have the best litter of pups I could have asked for. Now I understand that in your dog world of perfect pedigree that two should not be combined... But then again even a PEDIGREE dog was once bred for particular traits... Crossbred I mean... Go blow smoke up somebody else's ally... granted the way this guy is selling is dogs juices/dog is pretty ridiculous...
  5. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Given that it could go either way (50:50 given both parents are of a certain breed) what would you have done if the whole litter had taken on the worst traits of both patents?

What if all of the people you sold a pup to turned up several weeks later and said "I can't cope anymore" and handed them all back. Would you be able to cope and find them all new homes or just hand them into rescue to be someone else's problem.

Sadly, given your initial post, I think I already have the answer.
  6. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Well said! I have two northern breed mixes, and they are both very different but absolutely gorgeous, and so was my previous dog of the same type, and so are all the babies that he sired - or at least those that I have met.
  7. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    no need to cross the two,how can u be a 'lover of both breeds' and see a reason other than money or just coz u wanted to,shows u dont love or understand the breeds as much as u claim imo!!... ah accident eh? well lets hope u at least the eyes and hips were tested on your dogs before this so called 'accident'
  8. marley123

marley123 New Member

Name:
    tom
    do you people not relies some people like cross breed dogs and i would love something like a husky cross mal
    not every dog needs to be born to perfect parents so they live up to a breed standard
    they have done tests that show some of the cleverest healthest dogs are cross breeds
  9. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    why would u like a husky cross mal rather than than one or the other?
  10. marley123

marley123 New Member

Name:
    tom
    because i like cross breed dogs
  11. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    :roll: :roll: :roll: face palm ... ..........
  12. marley123

marley123 New Member

Name:
    tom
    whats wrong with liking cross breeds
  13. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Nothing ... each to their own, I say. I love huskies, I love mals, I love mixtures of the 2 breeds, I love my boys who are crossbreeds and extremely healthy.
  14. MadisonSale

MadisonSale New Member

Name:
    Madison Sale
    if you like cross breeds so much, why don't you save yourself some money and give one of the many thousands of cross breeds in rescue a chance at a loving home rather than lining the purses of BYB's and the like?
  15. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Honestly, I seem to find myself in a permanent state of amusement whenever I come on this forum, today is apparently not going to be an exception. Of course, this is far from a complaint..

Now, the source of today's amusement seems to be on this thread, which for some reason, refuses to die.

What's got me entertained today is simply, the fact that people continue to use the past to justify their Actions.

Like the founders of the various dog breeds we have today, who purposefully selected for animals that could do the task or tasks required of them, are the same kind of people we are discussing on this thread. Who apparently only breed for either money, or because they can.

You can go on about the apparent benefits of crossbreeding until the cows come home, you can continuously point out how pure breeds were created, if it makes you feel better. However, do note that you're not fooling any one here, least of all me.

For the mixes produced on mass, will not benefit the gene pool of either breed. Nor will they be used as working dogs. Let's be honest, both you and I know that.

So why keep using it as an excuse?

I like crossbreeds, and as some of you may know, I'm not completely against cross breeding, providing it is well researched,planned and done ethically with good intentions.

But I don't have much time for bs.
  16. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    If that is aimed at me, both my boys are rescues and cost me nothing, except for the donation that I made to the rescue society when I took on Tai.
  17. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    :038: :038: :038: :038:

Bravo and well said!!!! Huskies and Mals are such different breeds. I'd hate to think of a dog with the worst traits of both which could well happen, especially as the parents of many deliberately crossbred dogs are inferior specimens. I've seen husky/mal crosses with big Malamute bodies on fine boned Sibe legs. Asking for trouble!
  18. MadisonSale

MadisonSale New Member

Name:
    Madison Sale
    No it was aimed at marley123.

if i was ever to consider a cross bred dog, a rescue would be my first port of call.
  19. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz

The pressure on joints from that kind of anatomy doesn't bare thinking about.
  20. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    indeed, one of my neighbours has a Shih Tzu x Lab. He's five years old and he can't exercise for more than half and hour a day:-( All because some genius had a dog and a bitch and a great money making plan.
  21. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    .. you've made by birthday with that reply taz :) ... saves me trying to type the same.... badly lol :)