Introducing Teddy General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Chris B, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Toedtoes likes this.

Introducing Teddy

Teddy Cxropped 12 wk photo.JPG
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Toedtoes and CaroleC like this.
    We lost our Rosie a few weeks ago and much as I was adamant I was not going to get another dog, my OH was just as adamant we were having another so, this is Ted. He's a Yorkiepoo or cross breed whichever you prefer.

He's a week shy of 5 months old and all terrier :) He's a little angel or a little monster dependent on whether or not he's testing boundaries at the time and we love this little fella to bits
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    Oh Chris, I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost Rosie - it really is such a dreadful feeling.
    I'm glad your OH has talked you into another dog. Life wouldn't have been the same without, and Teddy looks a little sweetie. Will you groom him yourself, or use a groomer?
  5. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    I'm sorry about Rosie. I've waited 6 months before getting another and I've waited one day. I have found the timing just varies due to many factors.

Teddie is adorable. Terriers - they keep you working. I tell Tornado-dog "there are three times when I love you best. One when you are sleeping. Two when you are asleep. And three when you are not awake." He knows I'm lying.
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Toedtoes likes this.
    Rosie left us far too early. She was 11 and other than arthritis in the toes of one of her back legs which was well under control, she was perfectly fit and healthy. She developed a lump on her bottom jaw in front of her front teeth. The vet advised operating so we went for it. The vet rang and said it was far more extensive than any of us thought but that she had taken as much as she could. She honestly thought it was cancer so we all breathed a sigh of relief when histology said not. However, the damned lump game back with a vengeance and 5 weeks later it was the size of a golf ball.

The dental hospital said it was PTS or take half her jaw away with no guarantees so we opted not to let my little girl suffer.

We were beyond devastated and this came of top of losing my brother a week before. It was on the day of my brothers funeral that we picked up Ted on the way home. Although the photo doesn't show it, he's a solid chocolate brown with lovely curly hair

I still miss my little girl daily, but Ted has helped us through losing her
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    You will miss her for a long time Chris, I still get glassy-eyed when I think of Eddie and Merry. I think the bond with our pets gets stronger as we age - perhaps because our other horizons start to close down a little.
    Has your son met Teddy? How did they get on?
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC and Toedtoes like this.
    My deaf son ignores him which isn't unusual for him when anything new comes in.

My youngest son loves him and say if anything happens to us, he will take him and give him all the love he needs.

My daughter has also fallen for him, but as she has staffies says she wouldn't want to risk such a tiny dog around her own. Ted was 2.2 kgs when weighed a couple of weeks ago and, although he will grow a little more, he'll always be a tiny dog
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Chris B and Toedtoes like this.
    At our ages we need a dog that we can pick up and pop in the bath. I never thought there would be a time when I would struggle to lift 15 kilos. If I ever have another dog, that will be a tiny one too!
  10. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Toedtoes and CaroleC like this.
    He fits nicely in the kitchen sink and is the perfect size for a one handed pick up onto my knee :)