Is he an Australian Shepherd or Collie .? Questions

Discussion in 'Australian Shepherd' started by Murf, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf

Is he an Australian Shepherd or Collie .?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Dunno! Both? Difficult to say on the photos but dosent quite look collie to me, if he was for rescue I would say collie cross
    I have only seen show auzzies and he dosent look like them either, what's his story?
  4. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Family split up , 10 months old ..

.The fosters update ...
    Maxi has been with me for a few weeks now. He is such a beautiful boy and I am completely smitten with him. I am 100% sure that this lovely boy is a Blue Merle Australian Shepherd, but that is just my personal opinion. He is clean in the house and ok to be left for reasonable periods of time. He sleeps quietly at night and is very sociable with all dogs male and female. He is great with children but small ones may get knocked over by him whilst he is playing. Maxi could be rehomed as an only dog in the right circumstances but ideally he needs another playful dog to keep him company. He needs an active home where he gets an hour a day minimum off lead walking. His recall is fabulous but like most dogs he is slightly nosey. Maxi really needs a home without cats as he will chase and become quite obsessed with them. If you are interested in offering this gorgeous boy a home then please research the breed first. Just like the Collie breed, he needs mental and physical stimulation or he may become bored and find his own amusement.
  5. Hali

Hali New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    well apart from the colouring, he definitely doesn't look like an Aussie to me. Whatever, he is very cute and I hope he finds his new forever home soon.
  6. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Aww poor boy. He is still young so may look different in a year or so? I can see why she said auzzie but all the ones I have seen have been way more chunky, up here there arnt that many auzzie breeders so I would be surprised to see one
    Hope he gets a good home quickly
  7. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    My friend breeds ASDs & they look nothing like him.

He looks like a cross collie TBH
  8. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    He is definitely not an Aussie. I also think he looks like a collie x. Hope he finds a deserving home soon.
  9. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    Yep, collie cross. No way is he an aussie!
  10. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    Neither, he's a mutt.
  11. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Does not look like either to me and I have met my fair share of both breeds.
  12. Fivedogpam

Fivedogpam New Member

Name:
    Pam
    Doesn't look anything like an Aussie. I would agree with the others and say collie cross.
  13. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    He actually looks more like a Beauceron to me, but I cannot tell size?
  14. Tegs_mum

Tegs_mum New Member

Name:
    Katie
    He looks quite a lot like my uncles collie x lab, she is blue merle in colour too.
    I don't think he looks like an Aussie.