Is my akita of good size Questions

Discussion in 'Akita' started by Milikicp, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Milikicp

Milikicp New Member

Name:
    Pavle

Is my akita of good size

Hi!I am new to this forum so I am going to try to keep this short.I own 10 months old male japanese akita.He behaves perfectly and is very friendly.Whenever i take him for a walk in park people who own/know someone who owns japanese akita tell me he is too small for his age.He stands 64 cm tall and weighs 30-35 kgs.His hips are also above his shoulders.I hope someone will tell me if he will continue to grow and fill out and also if he is of good size for his age and most importantly healthy.Here are some photos of him. 20190329_181927.jpg 20190329_181850.jpg 20190309_083735.jpg 20190309_083727.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    3dgar and CaroleC like this.
    Sorry for such a delayed response. First off the most important thing is that your dog is healthy, which can’t really be told from a photo. That being said he looks good, proportionately, not to thin, or to chunky. He’s a nice looking boy. He will keep filling out until he reaches full maturity around 2-2.5 years old. He’s probably close to his full grown height now, but his chest will keep filling out. You say he’s 30-35kgs. There is a huge difference between those two weights... I currently have a 2.5 year old male American Akita who’s about 87lbs, and previously had a male Akita who weighted about 120lbs. At first I was a bit disappointed my current boy wasn’t going to get as big as the previous one, but truth be told, he’s plenty big, and hopefully won’t have the shoulder problem that my last boy had, he eats less, and is plenty big to be intimidating when necessary. Judging by your dogs height, he’s in the normal range for an Akita, but on the smaller edge of normal. Love him for who he is and don’t worry about his size, he will become whatever is in his genes. As long as he’s healthy and happy, and well behaved, “for an Akita”, just enjoy him. Also, don’t worry about what others say to you about his size, and the size of Akitas they have known, in my experience a lot of them are exaggerating.