Is my puppy a pure Akita breed? Photos

Discussion in 'Akita' started by Arnav, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Arnav

Arnav New Member

Name:
    Bruce

Is my puppy a pure Akita breed?

IMG_5814.jpeg
    Hi All,

I'm 13 years old boy from India, I got home an 5 week old akita 7 weeks ago.Below are the details:-

Name: Bruce
    Weight : 21 lbs
    Breeder: NA
    He came from a far place. Please take a look at the photo, appreciate if you can kindly provide your advice to the following things:-
    1.Is he underweight?
    2. How will he look in terms of size when he grow up? Due to his fur I'm not sure if he will turn out to be a typical Akita or something else
    3. How do I make my furry friend understand that we are it's masters?

Any additional advice will be highly appreciated

Thank you
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Arnav

Arnav New Member

Name:
    Bruce
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    What a gorgeous little fluff ball, as far as I can tell he looks like a purebred long-coat Akita.
    He doesn’t look underweight but it’s hard to tell with him being so fluffy.
    As for his size that is impossible to tell (did you see his parents?)
    Correction based training doesn't work, It needs to be positive training but with clear understanding of what is expected and acceptable and not.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Arnav likes this.
    What a sweet little fellow!
  6. Animal Welfare

Animal Welfare New Member

Name:
    Animal Welfare
    He looks wonderful God Bless. Just give him care and love as if he is your own brother! Make sure he takes all his vaccines, well prepared food with lots of vitamins and minerals. I suggest for Akitas (my own experience) to give home cooked food with a table spoon of minerals and 1/2 tea spoon crushed egg shells for a natural calcium intake. He looks like a pure bred long hair American Akita (long hair comes from a genetic deformation that doesn't qualify him to any contests etc.) but who cares!! He is wonderful. Train him with all the love and positive reinforcement you can. This breed is majestic, royal and very independent and hates when you scold or correct negatively. Beware of the mouthing though, so lots of toys and healthy chew bones and exercise. Do not worry, you will be extremely happy having this little fellow alongside with you. He will grow bog and strong if you really give him the attention and care as they are so loving towards their family more than their own species. I recommend this "his masters" is a bad idea, animals are not our slaves, but they are life companions! Be his brother or father.. not his master
  7. Arnav

Arnav New Member

Name:
    Bruce
    Thank You madam for the wonderful information. We haven't seen his parents as we got him from a far away place. We have been training with positive reinforcement, hopefully he will turn to be a beautiful and a well mannered dog.
  8. Arnav

Arnav New Member

Name:
    Bruce
    Thanks a lot madam.
  9. Arnav

Arnav New Member

Name:
    Bruce
    Thanks a lot for the information madam. Yes, his all vaccines are done on time. We have been giving rice with chicken and some vegetables which are good for dogs mixed with turmeric and dog food. We will be giving a table spoon of minerals and 1/2 tea spoon crushed egg shells mixed from now. I have been training him with positive reinforcement and hopefully he will be a great loving dog. From now I will be more like a brother than a master