Kai and Kaju General Chat

Discussion in 'Akita' started by AnilKaraduman, Jan 23, 2020.

1. AnilKaraduman

AnilKaraduman New Member

Name:
    Anil

Kai and Kaju

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its been 16 months since we got Kai boy, now we have a new member in family. Greetings from Bodrum/Turkey.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Anil - Kai has really grown now and Kaju has a lovely sweet puppy face - is Kaju a female or did you get another male, and how are they getting on together?
  4. AnilKaraduman

AnilKaraduman New Member

Name:
    Anil
    Kaju is a female, her main objective is driving Kai mad Kai is little jealous but he is gentle with her. When he feels enough of crazy puppy moves he tries to escape in to his fence which is in the garden. He growls when he get bored with her time to time.
    We got dermatitis type sickness with kai for 4 months started to heal recently, 38 kg small male. Kaju is 8 kg 9 weeks old atm.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Kai has grown into a handsome lad, and Kaju is very pretty.
    Are they both from same breeder?
  6. AnilKaraduman

AnilKaraduman New Member

Name:
    Anil
    no, different breeders. Kaju is grand daughter of Sky the akita really good line. Kai doesnt got chip or breed certificate but still decent dog.
  7. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Congrats on the new puppy. Very cute! It was the other way around with my two, she would growl at him when it was too much, although I got her when she was 4 months old, due to the fact my boy had Parvovirus right after I got him and it was possible that my yard could still have the virus so it wasn’t safe to have a young unvaccinated puppy.

Do you feed them together or separately? My male developed food aggression towards his little sister, even though I fed them in separate rooms with a gate in between. He just became offended by the whole idea that she needed to eat.. his whole body would just become ridged. if this becomes an issue for you I can share what I do to help aliviate the situation.

Overall I’ve found having two Akitas of opposite sexes with a decent age gap to be great. They keep each other company while I’m at work, they play well together most of the time, and I get twice as much fur in my house and vehicle, Lol

Good to see you back and hope all goes well, keep us posted
  8. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I had a few more thoughts. Their names sound very similar, do you think there’s enough of a difference for them to understand? Easier to change sooner than later.

The views in your pictures are beautiful.

Sounds like your male is very similar size to mine. He was a little under 90 lbs last a weighed him, and he could be a few lbs lighter. Akitas can keep filling in until 2.5 and even 3 years of age, so yours could gain a few more kg.
    I’ve had a 120 lb male, my current boy is plenty big and is more manageable, especially walking the two of them by myself. My female is also small, and seems tiny next to her brother (same mom, different father) weighing just under 74 lbs last time she was weighed, and could also be a few lbs lighter. A leaner Akita is better than a chunky Akita, at least after they are pups.
  9. AnilKaraduman

AnilKaraduman New Member

Name:
    Anil
    Kaju is almost impossible to fill up, she is always hungry. She finishes her bowl in 3 seconds like a vacuum then moves to kai’s bowl when that happens he only watch and tries to understand the situation :D He only show food agression when she tries to get his dried meat stuffed imitation bone. They get jealous and exchange their bones :D Other than that Kai generally despise her and always runs away after 5 minutes.
  10. Animal Welfare

Animal Welfare New Member

Name:
    Animal Welfare
    Hello you all lovely people...

I am still new to this Forum and the the whole idea of sharing thoughts, concerns, questions and quotes with others, so please, do bear with me (especially if I sounded awkward) :rolleyes:

I currently have the following babies:

Ginger, German Long Hair 5 year old female cat (Toffee)
    Ginger, American and Brindle, Dutch 9 month old female bunnies (Jenny and Coco)

I recently adopted an American Akita (pinto - tricolor black mask) male Akita last November 2019: Hatchiko.

He is turning 6 months on the 28th of Feb. This boy is adorable, goofy and loves to communicate with his mouth a lot and I mean a lot!!! But he is the most enchanting and charming baby boy on this planet!

I actually needed some advice from your kind selves on the following points - had many dogs and pets before but this boy is really special:

1. Hatchiko is turning 6 months by the end of Feb and I was wondering if someone could help me out on knowing if this baby boy is going to be a giant or just a normal large size (VET claims he is huge lol but healthy and fit)
    32 kg, 65 cm height from foot till shoulder, 100 cm from snout tip till tail tip and 140 cm height whilst standing with his paws on my shoulders ( I am just 150 cm tall, weighing 50 kg 40 years of age) .

2. I feed him 3 home-cooked meals mixed with his dry food (MAXI PUP Royal Canine Kibble 2 full cups) with: usually chicken, meat or Tuna with mixed veggies + either pasta, bread or rice. His treats are all natural Turkey, corned beef, hot dogs or boiled eggs (sometimes cheese in minimal amounts as a reward) along with fat free yogurt and some broth; I really try my best to use natural ingredients

3. He is nearly done with his teething process i.e. no more milk teeth, but the adult ones are still pushing out and growing longer - I brush them at least 3 to 4 times a week

4. I walk him 30 to 40 minutes early morning, 30 to 40 minutes late afternoon and between 60 to 90 minutes before we sleep ( I give him 15 minutes to run around a closed park where we chase each other and play tug with his leash).

I am really, God knows, trying my best to keep him healthy, entertained and content.

Now, my issues which somehow concerns me:

1. He keeps getting diarrhea from time to time or soft stool (but no mucus, blood or parasites) - gave him a couple of medications prescribed by the vet but still it might stop and return (would sometimes eat grass or leaves to induce vomiting i.e. yellow liquid or mucus) but Vet said this is all normal from the weather change
    2. His mouth is mainly warm and he is salivating a lot (could be from his teeth growing process)
    3. He still loves to mouth on me especially when he needs something or wants me to do something for him ( I am working on that)
    4. Loves Toffee - my cat, plays with her from time to time, but he keeps pulling her hair, out of play, and chases her around - but never hurts her, and she just hisses or lays on her back a bit then runs to her carrier etc. ( I need your guidance on how to make them play softly)
    5. My bunnies are in their play den and he just licks them and stares at them all day - they are secured of course
    6. He loves people, kids and other dogs. He is very friendly and sociable and loves his routine and his long naps on the gold ceramic flooring. He is also very smart, hilarious, but stubborn and gets bored fast :)
    7. When we play together, and I sit on the floor, he keeps trying to mount me or hump me and I move him slowly away or cease him from such (as he sometimes bites on my arms and shoulder but without causing any damage)
    8. He started being very protective i.e. might bark on any weird looking moving object (plastic bags or moving shade cloths) while we are having our walks, any strange sound, or stand between me and the grocery guy when he arrives at my home (very very cute). He did not hit puberty yet as he still pees in a normal female-like position and his testicles are still upheld.
    9. He doesn't like to cuddle much except maybe snooze for a few minutes beside me (I actually intrude). At night, when it is sleep time, he starts by jumping on my bed, mouthing me slowly and twirling around, then goes down and sleeps under me but on the floor - every single day (I really hope that this pup loves me and is not annoyed from me... I think I need to be more patient for him to bond with me)

P.S. BTW, He adores my hubby, who works mainly from home so he stays with him more than I do, but the strange thing is that my husband might scold him (no scream or shout) when he does something wrong and doesn't actually interact with him as much as I do, but I guess Dogs really do feel intentions and what a person is from the inside rather than external deeds or actions only (lol..sometimes I feel that is not fair to me though)

I know that all the above might sound normal for most dogs, but of course, knowing how you all are experienced (probably in Akitas) and you are generous in sharing new info, I would really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks a million folks!
  11. Animal Welfare

Animal Welfare New Member

Name:
    Animal Welfare
    -------------------------------------------------
    Mashallal! Your babies are adorable and look very well taken care of. Bless them :)