Kai and Kaju General Chat

Discussion in 'Akita' started by AnilKaraduman, Jan 23, 2020.

1. AnilKaraduman

AnilKaraduman New Member

Name:
    Anil

Kai and Kaju

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its been 16 months since we got Kai boy, now we have a new member in family. Greetings from Bodrum/Turkey.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Anil - Kai has really grown now and Kaju has a lovely sweet puppy face - is Kaju a female or did you get another male, and how are they getting on together?
  4. AnilKaraduman

AnilKaraduman New Member

Name:
    Anil
    Kaju is a female, her main objective is driving Kai mad Kai is little jealous but he is gentle with her. When he feels enough of crazy puppy moves he tries to escape in to his fence which is in the garden. He growls when he get bored with her time to time.
    We got dermatitis type sickness with kai for 4 months started to heal recently, 38 kg small male. Kaju is 8 kg 9 weeks old atm.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Kai has grown into a handsome lad, and Kaju is very pretty.
    Are they both from same breeder?
  6. AnilKaraduman

AnilKaraduman New Member

Name:
    Anil
    no, different breeders. Kaju is grand daughter of Sky the akita really good line. Kai doesnt got chip or breed certificate but still decent dog.
  7. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Congrats on the new puppy. Very cute! It was the other way around with my two, she would growl at him when it was too much, although I got her when she was 4 months old, due to the fact my boy had Parvovirus right after I got him and it was possible that my yard could still have the virus so it wasn’t safe to have a young unvaccinated puppy.

Do you feed them together or separately? My male developed food aggression towards his little sister, even though I fed them in separate rooms with a gate in between. He just became offended by the whole idea that she needed to eat.. his whole body would just become ridged. if this becomes an issue for you I can share what I do to help aliviate the situation.

Overall I’ve found having two Akitas of opposite sexes with a decent age gap to be great. They keep each other company while I’m at work, they play well together most of the time, and I get twice as much fur in my house and vehicle, Lol

Good to see you back and hope all goes well, keep us posted
  8. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I had a few more thoughts. Their names sound very similar, do you think there’s enough of a difference for them to understand? Easier to change sooner than later.

The views in your pictures are beautiful.

Sounds like your male is very similar size to mine. He was a little under 90 lbs last a weighed him, and he could be a few lbs lighter. Akitas can keep filling in until 2.5 and even 3 years of age, so yours could gain a few more kg.
    I’ve had a 120 lb male, my current boy is plenty big and is more manageable, especially walking the two of them by myself. My female is also small, and seems tiny next to her brother (same mom, different father) weighing just under 74 lbs last time she was weighed, and could also be a few lbs lighter. A leaner Akita is better than a chunky Akita, at least after they are pups.
  9. AnilKaraduman

AnilKaraduman New Member

Name:
    Anil
    Kaju is almost impossible to fill up, she is always hungry. She finishes her bowl in 3 seconds like a vacuum then moves to kai’s bowl when that happens he only watch and tries to understand the situation :D He only show food agression when she tries to get his dried meat stuffed imitation bone. They get jealous and exchange their bones :D Other than that Kai generally despise her and always runs away after 5 minutes.