KC suspends unbeaten dog rule and AV stakes classes regulations Showing

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

KC suspends unbeaten dog rule and AV stakes classes regulations

Article here...

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/product.p...tm_source=Campaign Monitor&utm_term=Read more

Is this a good thing or not? As I do not show I do not know how it will affect those who do.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Just another attempt to boost falling entries, but isn't clear what happens about the unbeaten Stakes winners who were not entered in their Breed Classes. Would they also be allowed to compete in their respective Group? I certainly hope not, as it will greatly complicate matters for the poor stewards, who already do so much for little more than a snack lunch.
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I have seen that JRT's will be able to enter in some Parson Russell Terrier classes in 2015 ? not sure if that's going to happen or not but it has been pinned to the JRT Group notice board by the Chairman of the JRT group.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    That would be an interesting situation! Our judges do judge the shorties when they go to the US and Scandinavia, but over here the lack of registration records could be a major stumbling block. It would be funny (peculiar, not ha ha) if it turned out that you were allowed to show a foreign registered one, but not a native!
    I seem to remember you saying yours were AKC reg. - clever girl!
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    CaroleC likes this.
    Yes Carole all 6 are AKC registered has both K9's & Skye parents, grandparents great grandparents & their parents & their parents & theirs so on, are all from America & were AKC registered, because there is more then 5 generations registered meant that the hooligans could be registered with the AKC too.
  7. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    How will that happen , the parsons is a KC registered breed, where as the JRT is not! as far as I am aware it has to be a registered breed to be Eligible to enter a show! they will either be on the KC recognised breed list or import list, as some breeds are now.

It would be interesting to see how that goes with a variety of broken coated ,bowed legged jacks in the same ring as a Parson.

Be interesting to read this news, can you give a link to the information .
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    As far as I can remember what was pinned to the notice board Jackie, it said Champion winning JRT's will be able to enter alongside the Parson Russell Terriers, in certain classes, so there be no bow legged or pudding JRT's in ring just the JRT's that are champion winners.

I will take photo on phone next time I am at the JRT meeting of the notice that's been put up, it only caught my eye because there was a photo of K9, Zola, Skye & Ringo on the notice along with some JRT X Parson Russell Terrier puppies that have been abled to be KC registered.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    How can some JRT x Parson Russell puppies be KC registered? They are crosses, not purebred PRTs.
  10. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Registered where .....not sure I understand , are you saying that a cross between a JRT and a Parson Russell can be registered as a pure or cross with the UK KC and be shown in pure breed classes at KC level. ,
  11. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    That's what I don't understand, I think wires may be getting crossed here.....you can't show a cross breed in breed classes,
  12. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Yes they have been UK KC registered as bitch is Parson & registered so they have registered the pups too, (some breeds of designer dogs can also be KC registered) the breeders are arguing at moment is that Parsons & JRT's use to be one breed, the longer legged pups sold as Parsons & shorter legged pups as JRT's, they are trying to get the UK KC to allow JRT's to be registered to, the breeders are saying its like the Springers & Cockers they started out as one breed short legged sold as Cockers & long legs as Springers then split into 2 different breeds, I don't take much notice when the breeders are arguing most of the time, but this argument did get my attention, as 75% of the JRT's breeders at the meeting have AKC registered dogs, the breeders have a meeting with a representative from the KC in December & they got info claiming Parsons & JRT's started off as one breed. so we will see what happens .
  13. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I'm sorry, but none of that stacks up, you can only register pups from KC registered dogs, that's both sire and dam you can't register a litter from only one registered dog.

You can register cross breeds on the activity register but NOT breed registered.

I think someone somewhere has got this totally wrong.
  14. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    If they go in with the argument that they used to be the same breed, then they gave lost before they begin, the JRT has never been a breed (in the uk) it's a type, the parson has been developed over time to what we see today , they all look the same, the cocker and springer may have developed from a common dog, but they are no longer the same breed. They both adhere to their own breed standard....

Your argument is like saying, we now want to register the cocker as a springer because they used to be the same.

You can on,y register cross breeds on the activity register, you can't show them in breed classes because they are crossbreeds .
  15. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Kennel Club registration of crossbreeds The Kennel Club have been registering crossbreed dogs on its database for over 50 years. If you are considering getting a crossbreed, why not consider being part of the Kennel Club and enjoy the benefits the registration brings?
    As printed on the KC web site
  16. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    That's what I just said, you can register your cross breed on the activity register, as a crossbreed, you can't show them or have them recognised as a pure bred, which is what you are suggesting with the JRT
  17. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    We register over 250,000 pedigree dogs and crossbreed dogs every year. Our registration system is open to ALL dogs so we have developed different registers to suit all dogs and their owners including crossbreed dogs. This section includes information about dog registration and how to use each of our three registers. - See more at: http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/registration/#sthash.obOpqgEX.dpuf
  18. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I've just said that....

You stated that JRT , s can be shown in breed classes along side the Parsons.......the above shows you it's not possible.
  19. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Jackie the dam [Parson] is UK KC registered & the sire [JRT] is AKC registered so the puppies are allowed to be KC registered. that's what the notice is all about that, that JRT's will be able to be shown alongside with the Parson as long as they are AKC / KC registered & are JRT'S champions
  20. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    But my showing days are over as both K9 & Skye have said they no longer want to go in show ring anymore.
    By telling me I meant dull eyes, tails downs not enjoying themselves so I no longer show them, but still go to the meeting & the JRT's/Parson Russell Terriers champion shows.
  21. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Im curious as to how JRT's can become 'champions' when not recognised by KC. ?